The things children say....

While holding a friend's 3 yr old daughter, looking out over the Pacific Ocean during a sunset, I said, "Aren't we lucky to live on the ocean?". Her reply was, "We don't live ON the ocean, we live NEXT to it." My bad.
tongue.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
, I have a three year old daughter and it’s hilarious to hear some of the things she can come up with sometimes.
clap.gif
At this age there are so many precious moments that it’s easy to forget the details and lose the words in time, so I got myself a digital voice recorder, just so I can record and save this sort of conversations. I keep it in my pocket at all time.

My then 4-year-old son was present at the birth of my daughter. He took one look at his baby sister and declared, "That's a baby people!" Maybe he was expecting a rabbit?
big_smile.png

I posted this recently in another thread but thought it was worth repeating here. We have been losing chickens to a raccoon and can't seem to catch it. I have been upset and angry and so have my boys. The youngest was with me at the coop the other evening and we saw a yearling rabbit in the edge of the woods close to the coop. DS became concerned that the rabbit was there. I told him the bunny was probably just looking for the corn and wheat that we put out for the chickens in the late afternoon. He said "but what if it has been what's getting the chickens?" Amused, I explained that rabbits eat grass, seeds, veggies and such and wouldn't bother the birds. He wasn't convinced. He looked sternly at the bunny and asked, "Well, what if it is a BAD bunny?"

Could be. LOL

My niece was 4 when she said this, and she's now a grown woman with teen kids of her own. However, there is a whole slew of folks related by blood and marriage who now refer to "herds of birds" and "flocks of cows" because of her adorable uttering as we were on a road trip. We passed a field and a zillion starlings flew up into the air from where they'd been foraging in amongst a whole lotta cattle. I find that I even think of them that way, as flocks of cows and herds of birds.

She also was thrilled that we went out for pizza on her birthday. It was like SHE was paying for it, although she wasn't, of course. At one point, her uncle (my spouse at the time) reached across the table to get himself another piece of pizza - his FIFTH. She stabbed him with a glare, her hands on her hips, and said, "Now, that will be enough of THAT!"

My niece came up with quite a few good ones when she was little.

I remember baby sitting her when she was around 4. I hadn't baby sat for her since she was an infant and so this was a new experience for her, and as such, she assumed that the experience was new for me too. She decided to take advantage of my ignorance. In she comes from the kitchen, with a determined air of nonchalance, munching a stick of butter like you would a candy bar, announcing "My mother lets me have this."
tongue.png
Ummmm.... I don't think so kiddo. Nice try!
gig.gif

Another time, a few years later, we were at some family gathering in a fancy restaurant. Seeing that the occasion called for a bit of pomp, she decided to trot out a few new phrases that sounded sophisticated. She set her roll on a side plate and announced "I'm just going to set this aside until I'm fully dilated".
th.gif
We all turned and looked at her in astonishment. "What did you just say???" She thought it meant "ready". I guess somebody had been watching Tv with medical jargon, as "dilated" is what is said when the baby is "ready" to be born!
lau.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
, I have a three year old daughter and it’s hilarious to hear some of the things she can come up with sometimes.
clap.gif
At this age there are so many precious moments that it’s easy to forget the details and lose the words in time, so I got myself a digital voice recorder, just so I can record and save this sort of conversations. I keep it in my pocket at all time.

lol.png
I know what you mean. It's pretty cool to listen to them reason out things and how the world works according to THEM. Most of the time it's just fun to listen and say, "That's interesting" and wait for what comes next out of their mouths.
smile.png

One day when we were in suburbia, (She had never been) Were used to the country you know, all the houses look alike.. So she looks at me and say, "how are they gonna know which car is theirs?" You think she wouldv'e said which house is theirs, but know, how will they know which car?

I explained to her, that since they bought the car they would know which one was theirs, to witch she replied,
I sure hope they can find it" lol

kids are too cute!

Back
Top Bottom