the things your chickens WILL NOT eat

mine don't like pears, cucumber. They did not like beans at first, Then one day my hubby decided to try them again with the beans warmed up.
At first they just turned their becks up at it. Then my cat started to eat the ones that were on the ground and all the chickens stood around her clucking. The head Roo walked over to were the cat was...picked one up and eat it.

The next thing I know all the chickens were in a group with my cat in the middle all eating the beans.
Strangest thing I have ever seen.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Does anyone know why they write not to give chickens raw potato peels? It says the same about my garbage disposal!! Is that not hilarious? I've found that anything goes with my hens - but really would like to know if they cannot digest raw potato peelings?

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. I swear my flock would gladly peck my eyes out for a couple of raisins.

edited to correct dislexia

Last edited:
My older hens love grated cheddar cheese and whole wheat bread crumbs--the younger hens won't touch them, but they go ballistic over grated mozzarella cheese, go figure. The older hens are not too fond of tomatoes, younger, no problem. There are several things that they will not eat while I am watching (don't want me to know they are eating them?
idunno.gif
but if I leave for a while and come back--they are all gone!

Back
Top Bottom