The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

The biddies are not so biddy anymore. Hopefully in two weeks, I can tell the males from the females. That's when most will go. I'll keep all the LF males for butchering (or at least, that's the current plan), and all the non-keeper LF females, along with the serama males will be given. The keeper females of all breeds will be kept and grown out. Or at least, that's the current plan. Plans and chickens don't mesh well

Totally agree on this one! Make sure you at least have three different plans for each and everything . . .

It's more likely that I change my mind than the chickens changing the plans :p . But yes, if it were something more long term, I'd probably have backup plans

8 WEEKS?! Ummmmm that's WAY too early for me. Even Lady Gaga was older when he crowed! I'm not so sure on that hypothesis either, but doesn't hurt to theorise

Oh my gosh, that guy is HILARIOUS🤣
I DO need to TRY to get this on video, but one of my booted Seramas (hatched on April 24th) has been doing the baby squeaky crow for about a week. And, his teeny comb and wattles are getting pink. ❤️

I'm assuming you don't want them eaten, so you're better of keeping them:lau. I have enough (male) breeders as is!
My plan is to keep only two of them, the rest go to (a) good home(s). The two I am keeping are Odie (one of Ruby's and Jasper's chicks) and Cumulus (one of the Cochin Bantams). Odie is really sweet and I hope he continues to be like that-if he is not, or if he is breeding-aggressive, then he is going somewhere else. Cumulus is just for backup incase that happens. If it does not then Cumulus is going.

But chicken-related plans can change within a second.

My plan is to keep only two of them, the rest go to (a) good home(s). The two I am keeping are Odie (one of Ruby's and Jasper's chicks) and Cumulus (one of the Cochin Bantams). Odie is really sweet and I hope he continues to be like that-if he is not, or if he is breeding-aggressive, then he is going somewhere else. Cumulus is just for backup incase that happens. If it does not then Cumulus is going.

But chicken-related plans can change within a second.

Great that you found caring homes for all of them! Hopefully they'll have long, happy lives, and maybe you'll get some updates on them as well!!!

Back
Top Bottom