The True Truth: How to tell an Easter Egger from an Ameraucana. Even if you think you have an Ameraucana, do check!

Have you ever gotten a pure Ameraucana from a feed store? If so, share pics!

• Yes, many!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have one that has all the traits to be pure....

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I’m not sure? (Share some pics and I can tell you!)

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • No, but I hope so.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • No, and I know I never will! :)

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Bought from feed store as Americanas. (These are EEs, then.)

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • Bought from a breeder who lied

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Bought from a breeder and they’re pure!

Votes: 21 16.3%

• Total voters
Pics
They are both so gorgeous :love

thanks!
Apparently the rooster was a full ameraucana but I highly doubt it after al I’ve read. Although he looked like one as far as anything I could tell. The mothers are barnyard bantams. Anyway, these guys were unexpected and I love their fluffy faces and pretty colours.

Does anyone have pics of an Ameraucana rooster? What about an EE?
Here are some from the web.
Almost all EE roos have patchy patterns, with red-orange splashes on their shoulders.
Flash may.jpg
9c2d42168a1ecdc787fef96539d6dcc3.jpg
EasterEggerCkl.jpeg
zuqr7ab53zl31 (1).jpg
Aoxa 1.jpeg
hredirect2 (6).jpeg

Attachments

• EEggerRoo.jpeg
    EEggerRoo.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 3
Here are some from the web.
Almost all EE roos have patchy patterns, with red-orange splashes on their shoulders.
View attachment 2424004View attachment 2424006View attachment 2424028View attachment 2424019View attachment 2424025View attachment 2424023
Thank you! My roosters are still young, and I'd like to believe their Ameraucanas. They have the pea comb, blue legs, and solid coloring. Even if they aren't, they should be mostly Ameraucana, right? That would be really cool, considering I found them in a canal. A canal may be better than a feed store when it comes to finding purebred Ameraucanas! :lol:

Thank you! My roosters are still young, and I'd like to believe their Ameraucanas. They have the pea comb, blue legs, and solid coloring. Even if they aren't, they should be mostly Ameraucana, right? That would be really cool, considering I found them in a canal. A canal may be better than a feed store when it comes to finding purebred Ameraucanas! :lol:
Pics would help! They sound pure.

Back
Top Bottom