"The ugliest chickens in the world!"

Flock Leader

Songster
7 Years
May 3, 2012
Israel
This year, we spent Rosh-HaShana with my husband's family. We brought our baby Silkies with us, because we could find no one to babysit them. I've dreamed of Silkies for so long, and was so proud of hatching them in our incubator, and so pleased with how they are getting fluffy! But guess what my husband's aunt said? "These are the ugliest chickens I've ever seen"!!!

Oh well... you've got to put up with family...
lau.gif

My daughter holding one of the Silkies in her lap.

Ha! That is so sad and funny at the same time. I think Silkies are gorgeous and have some of my own as well. I also think that baby Turkens are adorable and my family thinks I'm nuts. I had someone come over a few days ago(I have some week old Turkens) and they saw the babies and completely freaked out. Their exact words were, "Oh my God! What happened to that poor baby?!" Lol. Hilarious. I also have a Silkie/Frizzle cross also known as a Sizzle, a White Frizzle Roo, a baby Mottled Houdan, White Sultan, and Golden Laced Polish. I like the different stuff. Keeps conversations interesting. Don't listen to what anyone else says, I think the more different a chicken is, the more character it has.
smile.png

Ha! That is so sad and funny at the same time. I think Silkies are gorgeous and have some of my own as well. I also think that baby Turkens are adorable and my family thinks I'm nuts. I had someone come over a few days ago(I have some week old Turkens) and they saw the babies and completely freaked out. Their exact words were, "Oh my God! What happened to that poor baby?!" Lol. Hilarious. I also have a Silkie/Frizzle cross also known as a Sizzle, a White Frizzle Roo, a baby Mottled Houdan, White Sultan, and Golden Laced Polish. I like the different stuff. Keeps conversations interesting. Don't listen to what anyone else says, I think the more different a chicken is, the more character it has.
smile.png

goodpost.gif

Silkies are the ultimate lap chicken. I wonder what Auntie would have thought of my Show Girl rooster (Naked Neck, Silkie cross)? Here is a photo of Siegfried.

I think this photo is so funny; too bad it is blurry. Rascal rooster on the left has the same initial reaction you had: "Oh my, what is it?"

BTW, belated L'Shanah Tova. Have a sweet, chicken-filled year.

Last edited:
I think she's alright. What do they expect? For all of them to look like Foghorn Leghorn?

I don't have Silkies, but my son talked me into adding 2 polish chicks to next week's shipment. I think they look a little silly. But you know it won't take more than a couple minutes in "fuzzy butt" stage and I'll be in love.

Heck, a year ago I wouldn't have ever thought I'd think ANY chicken looked good. Now I see my little bantam rooster and am just amazed at how beautiful he is.

It's a sickness. Really. I'm addicted.

Back
Top Bottom