The ugly crooked coop

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
I started it yesterday...and am nearly done. All I have left is the roosts, nest box, big door and ladder. And to make it look pretty, cuz right now it is ugly.
I love power tools.
This is the entire garden area. The area from the edge of the coop to the fence(still temporary but dog safe now) will be the chicken run. When it's all ready and a bit warmer I'll be putting the chicks and ducks out there(ducks only temporary, they will be in a separate area).
I think all total I've spent about $100 on it, had a lot of the wood left from rebuilding sections of the fence.

so in all it's current ugliness....here it is.
DSCF7143.jpg

DSCF7146.jpg

DSCF7147.jpg

Of course my helper had to go in and inspect it, and approves(Panda the freak is here teasing the dogs, I'm in and you're not)

DSCF7144.jpg

Thats my goal...warm and safe.
My kids think its kinda big for just 3 chicks, but I don't. Not once the perches are in, and the nest box. I'm kinda excited to get it done so I can start the clean up and making it cute. We've picked out paint for it, I think...It's a dark green, but one of the kids is still pushing for a dark blue.

I do plan on putting in a window that can be opened so when it gets so hot this summer I can open it

I think it's got character and I'm all about character!! You need some wild paint colors. Check out the mis-tints at Home Depot and Lowe's I've gotten every color under the rainbow from mistints! Do you window and door in a totally different color making them off kilter too. Name it, hmmm, OOH, "Little Seuss Coupe!!" Beach Boys have a song called Little Deuce Coupe

Back
Top Bottom