Ended The Ultimate Egg Dish Challenge

I only fry, scramble, and sometimes put eggs in a recipe. :(

Someone on here does deviled eggs... @Kiki or @casportpony, is it one of you?
As long as it's got an egg in it. Love to see some scrambled eggs, fried eggs, and everything in between. It doesn't have to be complicated. Nothing more beautiful than a perfectly fried egg. :)

Surprised there aren't more posts! Don't y'all have pets that make your breakfasts???

Entry 1
"Breakfast for Dinner" is a regular staple in our house as one of our quick meal choices. This one is inspired by the Asian-style food I grew up eating, it would be a common breakfast combination somewhere like Hawaii or the Philippines (at least the rice + eggs + salty meat).

Ingredients: white rice, pan-fried smoked sausage/kielbasa, sautéed yellow squash, "poppy eggs" (sunny side up), and some Spicy Chili Crisp

IMG_6599.jpg

Surprised there aren't more posts! Don't y'all have pets that make your breakfasts???

Entry 1
"Breakfast for Dinner" is a regular staple in our house as one of our quick meal choices. This one is inspired by the Asian-style food I grew up eating, it would be a common breakfast combination somewhere like Hawaii or the Philippines (at least the rice + eggs + salty meat).

Ingredients: white rice, pan-fried smoked sausage/kielbasa, sautéed yellow squash, "poppy eggs" (sunny side up), and some Spicy Chili Crisp

View attachment 3509979
This looks delicious.

Entry 3
"Southern-style Baked Mac & Cheese"

Ingredients: elbow macaroni, shredded cheese of choice (about 1lb cheese, this one is pepper jack and cheddar), salt/pepper/other spices, custard (2-3 eggs: ~2 cups milk)

Super easy to make: preheat oven to 350-400F; boil noodles and rinse with cold water to cool; in prepared baking dish layer together noodles and shredded cheeses like a lasagna; pour custard evenly over the top (custard: 2-3 eggs + ~2 cups whole milk + salt & pepper (and any other spices you wish)); top with more cheese; bake about 30min until bubbling and browned top.

IMG_6239.jpg

So many decisions, but I think this one's a good one for Entry 4

"Loco Moco"

Basic ingredients: white rice, hamburger patties, brown gravy, runny egg

My version is what I call "loose style" (making a meat gravy, instead of hamburger patties and separate brown gravy): sauté diced onions, minced garlic and 1-2lbs ground beef (I often also add diced carrots and sliced mushrooms if I have them, they're included in the pictured version). When the meat is browned, sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons flour evenly over everything, stir up and cook another minute or two. Stir in 2-3 spoons of Better Than Bouillon beef flavor. Add 2-3c water or broth, stir slowly at first so flour doesn't clump, make it as thin/thick as you like (sometimes I'll also add a cornstarch slurry). Near the end I add some dark soy sauce for darker color of the gravy and for umami flavor. Always serve over white rice and a "poppy egg" on top.

IMG_5324.jpg

Same dish, different execution:
IMG_9187.JPG

Entry 3
"Southern-style Baked Mac & Cheese"

Ingredients: elbow macaroni, shredded cheese of choice (about 1lb cheese, this one is pepper jack and cheddar), salt/pepper/other spices, custard (2-3 eggs: ~2 cups milk)

Super easy to make: preheat oven to 350-400F; boil noodles and rinse with cold water to cool; in prepared baking dish layer together noodles and shredded cheeses like a lasagna; pour custard evenly over the top (custard: 2-3 eggs + ~2 cups whole milk + salt & pepper (and any other spices you wish)); top with more cheese; bake about 30min until bubbling and browned top.

View attachment 3510016
That sounds spectacular. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will have to try this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom