The Victory House

`anybody know why the originals back is 4' 7 high?
seems like an odd size... unless it has to do with the lumber they were using

lol with the floor you built i think you were raising baby elephants

not sure if i will put in a floor or go with dirt

One advantage of the wood floor vs dirt is it makes it more portable, PLUS, no need for an apron to defeat digging predators. In fact, I doubt anything short of a bear could get in. And maybe not much larger than a mouse or small snake on the small end. I doubt even a least weasel could find a way in. (when pop door is closed) So overall, about as predator proof, including rats, as you can get. And again, unless something is attached to it, very portable. A person could use this and a section of electric poultry netting and move it around at will.

I have moved it once. From the shed where I built it about 50 yards to its current resting place. It skimmed along nicely and didn't even scuff the grass.

BTW, if anyone is within driving distance of Central MO and would like to have this Victory House for their very own, I'm not using it and would sell it for cost of materials, which was roughly $1,000. It needs some finishing details (like a better door and next boxes), but otherwise is ready to go. It is good for up to 8 to 12 birds.

I built it as an experiment and to use as a brooder, with no intention of keeping it, so if you are interested, send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom