The weirdest thing(s) that you have ever done with/for your chickens..

Is that a chicken diaper? That silkie on the osterich is hailarious!
lau.gif

Slept with them. Yep.

I once had a Wyandotte (okay I still have her) who got her throat scratched up badly by something she ate, so she was breathing terribly for days, and in those days I brought her into my room, gave her a perch and a newspaper to poop on, and let her sleep in my room. It was terrible at night, honestly, because she'd wake herself and me up so many times, gasping, wheezing, sneezing, etc. There wasn't much I could do though but wait it out and let her heal. The mornings were adorable though. She'd start talkin' up a storm, and was pretty well behaved.
smile.png

I also had a time I literally slept WITH a chick. Little day old chick that wasn't doing too well under a broody mom, and had a bad, slow hatch, so I brought it in for a couple hours one cold, chilly morning, and cupped it into my hands in bed and fell asleep that way for a couple hours. I had dreams about chicks.
lol.png
Woke up again, it was quite fine, and let the day go on. Sadly it died a couple days later though - Guess it couldn't keep up with the stronger, older chicks.

Quote:
This is soo funny an cute and maybe even a little wrong (for Billy), it made my day, toooo cute..

Candace

gig.gif
some of these are hysterical..
Illia, that is so sweet....I don't think it's weird at all, I would do the same thing...

Anyways, this is what I do with my chickens. I love classic British literature, and I love to read it out loud even more. My family HATES it with a passion so I get kicked out every time I read it out loud, so I started reading it to the chickens....
Their favorite is The Once and Future King, my rooster enjoys King Arthur's chivalry...
Tuesday I just finished reading them the Faerie Queen
and tomorrow I am going to start Macbeth with them, though they personally don't seem to think much of Shakespeare I think it will broaden their literary horizons....
I'm not not talking like a lunatic right?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom