The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Just received this girl this morning.
LL

Here is my Welsummer chick. She is about 3-3 1/2 weeks old and spent her first night in the coop. Is this abnormal tail or is this a sign of a cockerel. She has a small yellow comb. I'm hoping pullet but do not like that tail!

She is close to the bottom of the pecking order so far and is one of the most skittish of me so far. Thoughts?

Here is my Welsummer chick. She is about 3-3 1/2 weeks old and spent her first night in the coop. Is this abnormal tail or is this a sign of a cockerel. She has a small yellow comb. I'm hoping pullet but do not like that tail!

She is close to the bottom of the pecking order so far and is one of the most skittish of me so far. Thoughts?
Pretty sure that's a pullet by head and eye markings.
Not sure about the tail...does she always hold it up that high?

Pretty sure that's a pullet by head and eye markings.
Not sure about the tail...does she always hold it up that high?
She often holds it high like that but only over the past few days. She hasn't really given my that sideways curious stink eye look my BR cockerel does all the time. Is that true that cockerels will look up at you sideways because my George does this all the time, unfortunately I've noticed this behavior from my Brahma, and Swedish flower, my other two suspected cockerels.
th.gif

My Welsummer is 5 days old now. She seems to be the most skittish of my chicks so far. Is it normal for Welsummers to be skittish or will she warm up to me?
My welsummer chick is skittish and bottom of the pecking order so far but I have read that pullets personality changes greatly after they start laying so not all is lost for a friendly hen yet.

Back
Top Bottom