The Welsummer Thread!!!!

rir.jpg

I'm good, thanks!.....Wellies are gone(only had 2) ......got BCM x CCL eggs under a broody. :D
Good to hear. I guess I have around 20 Wellie hens (laying age) lots of juvenile birds from fall hatches. Probably 25 BCM hens, of course lots of juveniles of those too. And a handful of Americauanas. But hey who's counting?

View attachment 1283394

Girls finally stating to lay well again
Those are beautiful! Wow I love the speckled look of my welsummers eggs..... I am guilty of crossing them... with a rir roo ( beautiful red with a orangish collar the girls that lay a dark brown egg about 5 to 6 times a week so fat they started laying at about 4 1/2 to 5 months) and a cuckoo marans roo..... all his babies come out black barred, but his girls from the welsummer mix lay a nice dark speckled egg. I finally got my hands on a welsummer roo so maybe some pure babies this year...... if I get my chicken number under control. I have found its easy to hatch eggs not as easy to find places to keep all the new babies, and grow outs.

Those are beautiful! Wow I love the speckled look of my welsummers eggs..... I am guilty of crossing them... with a rir roo ( beautiful red with a orangish collar the girls that lay a dark brown egg about 5 to 6 times a week so fat they started laying at about 4 1/2 to 5 months) and a cuckoo marans roo..... all his babies come out black barred, but his girls from the welsummer mix lay a nice dark speckled egg. I finally got my hands on a welsummer roo so maybe some pure babies this year...... if I get my chicken number under control. I have found its easy to hatch eggs not as easy to find places to keep all the new babies, and grow outs.
Thanks! I know the feeling. Chicken math!

Back
Top Bottom