The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Has anyone else been hit with the snow!? We did - like 15" - lost a few birds this weekend... I hate all this snow when it falls so fast, and so heavy!!!

Nate

Quote:
I am so sorry about your birds.
sad.png

Has this been the worst winter you've had? I grew up in Ontario and Michigan and I don't seem to remember so much snow, but maybe I've blocked it out...

Last edited:
Thanks one and all for the replys and yes you could take a vacation and bring them to me?
What I have been doing is buying hatching eggs on here (BYC) and have them shipped to me while I am in Fl. on my vacation and then I bring them back on a small charter flight with me, since commercial flights won't allow it.

Just had to share my eggs from the last two days. The light ones are Buckeyes, the dark ones are Wellsummers, the green is from my Wheaten Ameraucana. I love the rainbow of colors!

My only concern is the one in the upper right corner of the picture. That came from the pen that has two Ameraucanas and a Welsummer. I'm wondering who laid the dud when it comes to color!

18074_todays_eggs.jpg

Quote:
I wouldnt worry too much about color yet(but still watch her if it is a welsummer) - they are still young. But if it keeps up I would definately keep her in a layer flock, or with the americanas, try some olive eggers! ;-)

My eggs are very dark(the few that I am getting right now) - and even my young pullets are pulling thru. Found a hen sitting on 18+ eggs yesterday, and debating if I should let her keep them or not, after all she is a Coronation sussex, but she is with welsummer, marans, delaware, and coronation roosters... So thinking about scrapping those eggs.

Nate

Hey folks, anyone can click on the WCNA website? I don't have any problems accessing to it.

However our newest member, Will Morrow of Whitmore Farms is trying to get into the site but unable to access because of the "error" statement. Is there anything I can help him with in accessing the site? I did invite him and he tried accepting and it still came up with "error" statement.

Anyone had problems?

Back
Top Bottom