The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pinkchick, Nov 29, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Yep they are meanie when it comes to gathering eggs when broody!

Uh oh, oh Nate, one of your Wellie bantam looks like she is going broody!!!!!!! Why can't she WAIT until late spring???!!! [​IMG]

2. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    I just made her mad by trying to take if from her, she had just laid it and wasn't done sitting on it yet. She like to sit for awhile after she lays, and to avoid and extra trip back outside, I was just going to take it in on that trip and get it sitting in a turner. Well after she was done squawking about it, she hopped off the nest and went outside. I went right back in and got it...she was just going to make me think about it for a while I guess. [​IMG]

3. beesong

beesong Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Grrr -- go back out and tell her to get herself off that nest and start laying more! This is NOT the time to be going broody!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Sorry....edited post....not your egg. Yours are the following week. I don't think she is going broody. I'll watch her close, but I don't think so. If she does that will be a first....and a collosal waste of time. [​IMG]

6. beesong

beesong Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Whew! Close call.

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Just wanted to let you guys know, I just put 8 eggs up for auction. I was gathering these for a friend, but we had a bunch left over and I thought I would put them up for sale. I hatched my birds last year from eggs that I got from Nate.

8. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Quote:Well if you leave her be, she will still be sitting there come spring. lol

Nate

9. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:Well if you leave her be, she will still be sitting there come spring. lol

Nate

[​IMG]

10. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Our 4 week old Wellie girl looks like she is having a bad hair day now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by