The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Hey yall, lookin like i have a broody welsummer. I live in sf bay and im lookin for some local welsummer eggs to hatch. ive been checkin cl bjut no luck. Anyone around here have welsummers by chance?

Quote:
I've got plenty for sale, you can check out my webpage in my signature line.... .I'm on the other side of the country though so I don't know if you want your eggs traveling that far.

Quote:
I'm east of Sacramento, but I only have 1 girl laying right now. If you just want a few, I could set you up with some. I have olive egger hatching eggs as well.

Here are my new Welsummer hatchlings from eggs mailed to us from Erhard at Kummer Farms They're too cute not to share. Our best guess is that we have seven females and five males. Hopefully we can grow out a good looking trio to take to the county fair. Our son is in 4-H and has bemoaned the fact that there have been no Welsummers at the state or county fairs for the past several years. He would know; he's been watching for them. The other chicks in the photos are black Javas.

40359_img_0846.jpg

40359_img_0844.jpg

40359_img_0842.jpg

40359_img_0847.jpg

40359_img_0838.jpg

Quote:
I'm east of Sacramento, but I only have 1 girl laying right now. If you just want a few, I could set you up with some. I have olive egger hatching eggs as well.

Thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it! As it turns out we found a lady real close with some olive eggers. My DW talked to her and then she ended up having some dark layers, cookoo marans so we are goin to end up getting a doz. olive and a dozen of her marans. (We generally do nothing in moderation) Now I read in an email from her that welsummer eggs might end up in the dozen! More the merrier if you ask me!

Engteacher, glad you got some of Erhard's chicks because I heard his are very good quality stock. I have one of his Welsummer bantam now and she is very friendly! You will be happy with them, I am sure!

ChookHappy, sure, the more, the merrier!
lol.png

Quote:

Thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it! As it turns out we found a lady real close with some olive eggers. My DW talked to her and then she ended up having some dark layers, cookoo marans so we are goin to end up getting a doz. olive and a dozen of her marans. (We generally do nothing in moderation) Now I read in an email from her that welsummer eggs might end up in the dozen! More the merrier if you ask me!

You'll love all of those! Glad you found somebody close. Good luck with your hatch!

Thank you FaykokoWV,

I will take a look... If you send by priority mail, 2-3 business days shouldn't be that bad, right?

Cheers,
DesertSkyNM

Quote:
I've got plenty for sale, you can check out my webpage in my signature line.... .I'm on the other side of the country though so I don't know if you want your eggs traveling that far.

Back
Top Bottom