The Welsummer Thread!!!!

How does she look?
Looking good!
thumbsup.gif

hey guys and gals i am very very interested in the welsummers i think i would like to hatch some!!! who has eggs for sale or trade i have corturnix quail eggs

I might have an issue. I have two girls and a roo Welsummer on order and due in September. Here is a picture of my first two members of my new flock 9/10 weeks old. They are both Ameraucanas and supposed to be hens, the brown one has quite the tail feathers though and as a newbie I am left wondering. I'm wondering if I have to break out my saw and hammer for another coop. Any guesses...male/female on the brown one?

Last edited:
I might have an issue. I have two girls and a roo Welsummer on order and due in September. Here is a picture of my first two members of my new flock 9/10 weeks old. They are both Ameraucanas and supposed to be hens, the brown one has quite the tail feathers though and as a newbie I am left wondering. I'm wondering if I have to break out my saw and hammer for another coop. Any guesses...male/female on the brown one?

That looks all Hen to me--
You might want to post on the Ameraucana thread. Good Luck.

I am new to the welsummers. I picked up 2 from a local farm when I was getting EE's.
What are the main male female traits as a chick? Both look just alike.
What do you think male or female? If it was an EE I'd call them male because of the size.
I can get a better close up if needed.

Back
Top Bottom