The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Oh guess what my babie started laying this week.
wee.gif
now for it start turning a darker color LOL.

Oh by the way she also decided that since it was 30 degrees outside and windy that she would roost on the fence instead of going in the coop, at least she is a sweetheart and we just picked her up and put her in the coop, but seriously
th.gif

Oh guess what my babie started laying this week.
wee.gif
now for it start turning a darker color LOL.

Oh by the way she also decided that since it was 30 degrees outside and windy that she would roost on the fence instead of going in the coop, at least she is a sweetheart and we just picked her up and put her in the coop, but seriously
th.gif
Poor chickens... they aren't exactly the smartest of all the animals! :p At least you have a sweet hen! :)

I compared my welsummer hen to some at the national poultry show of Great Britain and she has the colour ok but she I so small, :(
When I got her she was fairly young but I fed her on lares pellets because I wasn't very experienced at that time so she didn't grow as much as she should, :( so she looks a bit like a big bantam.
But any who I love her hub the same, and she's a good size for my welsummer LF cross frizzle bantam rooster :D

I've been wanting a welsummer but there were none available when I got my chicks. I bought a new girl this weekend and she needed a friend and a local guy had some young welsummers that he thinks might be almost ready to lay. She seems like a lovey and even though she is a hatchery bird she has lovely colours. This isn't such a great picture of her but it was the first day I had her and she was still a little freaked out by the car ride and relocation. One thing though, she has these "hairs" on her back, they look just like hairs. What are they?

Rose -- quickly becoming Rosie. Named after Dr Who's assistant.
Congrats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom