The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I too prefer the bird on the right type wise. I look forward to seeing your progress in reducing the peppering. I have my eye on a couple of cockerels in my flock, but I'm not sure if they will have enough red in them.

Where can I get a copy of the egg color chart that was referenced?

Sorry about your Roo Amy, I hope your family enjoys a nice enchilada dinner this spring.
The egg color chart is still a work in progress. The WCNA has been working on this. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

I think i may try to breed what i have and be patient theres no telling i may be able to find some good birds dna hiding in my line! i just cant give up and get discouraged because i have a hard place to start i love a challenge anyway!! will let yall know how it goes and until then i will warch snd learn from you guys!!

I wish you the best. You should have seen my first attempt at breeding. I had some pretty funny looking birds. But I learned a ton. ( It was with trying to breed Chanteclers, they were funny looking because the Welsummer Roo kept jumping into they honeymoon suite and managed to have a few descendants of his own.)

Last edited:
Just placed an order for some Welsummer chicks from Whitmore farm in MD. Have had birds from them in the past and been happy with egg color. Faverolles are still my favorites but the Welsummers have always been a close second.
Anyone else have birds from Whitmore?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom