The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Okay, got the roo! I took pics to show the difference from him and one of the girls. I "heard" Stateline is not selling them well, so if they don't sell this year, I would think they might not carry them next year, then I can supply them. Here are the pics for posterity sake:

Okay, got the roo! I took pics to show the difference from him and one of the girls. I "heard" Stateline is not selling them well, so if they don't sell this year, I would think they might not carry them next year, then I can supply them. Here are the pics for posterity sake:
Yep got yourself a roo! That's just how mine look.

Yes from what I've been told. I found it interesting that FF got 22 hens and 3 roos - not the 50% I was expecting. And that I got 5 hens when I was given a "straight run" from Stateline. Maybe someone is sexing them there? Or do they have a lower roo to hen hatching ratio?

Yes from what I've been told. I found it interesting that FF got 22 hens and 3 roos - not the 50% I was expecting. And that I got 5 hens when I was given a "straight run" from Stateline. Maybe someone is sexing them there? Or do they have a lower roo to hen hatching ratio?
Thanks, the female determines the sex so maybe they got female laying hens
big_smile.png

From bwalden's welsummer hatching eggs here on BYC, I got 2 roos and 7 pullets and a 9/9 hatchrate :) pretty dang good odds if you ask me!
I have never been so lucky with the male to female ratio!

Back
Top Bottom