The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I have 2 chicks I'm not sure what they are, could one be a Welsummer, they have different colored legs and tufty heads so I'm not sure they both are if one

I posted in the what's my bird section on here and that's the best idea I came across. Very curious to see what they end up being. Thoughts?

Ok, here's a stab in the dark. It looks like it could be a welsummer, but I would take a look at crested cream leg bars. They autosex with a v like pattern on their head for the girls when they are chicks versus a spot/dot for a male. Maybe you have a cross breed here.

Oh these are great ideas, I hope they're olive eggers! ATM I have one laying olive egger and I do have an olive egger chick from the same guy, the egg it came out of an olive egg but has similar markings on its feathers... Though it has no comb and a very interesting beak so its I think going to be a neat looking hen too. I will let you all know if they lay green eggs :)

I have 2 chicks I'm not sure what they are, could one be a Welsummer, they have different colored legs and tufty heads so I'm not sure they both are if one

I posted in the what's my bird section on here and that's the best idea I came across. Very curious to see what they end up being. Thoughts?
I am not 100% sure but check out what Cream Legbars are mixed with. These chicks look similar to my son's legbars. The coloring is off, but I am certain that the mix is similar. You may get some pretty blue eggs.

That would be neat, I will look up legbars, these chicks came from tan eggs though so their mothers don't carry a blue egg gene likely

But if their father(s) did, they could still be olive eggers. My olive eggers were all hatched from very dark eggs, welsumer and marans mothers. Other olive eggers come from blue or green eggs (Legbar, Ameraucana or EE mothers)..

I had some chicks that looked exactly like that, welsummer roo over a white silkie hen. No dark skin, extra toes etc only a crest on their heads. They started with yellow legs as chicks then turned white. Look just like welsummers with a crest.

Back
Top Bottom