The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Bravo hyzenthlay for taking the time to rehome your roo. Been there, done that, 3x's over the past 5yrs & its very hard for us. I just brought home my very 1st welsumer pullet a few weeks ago & am very excited about it.
P.S. I love your avatar!

I posted my pick for this years breeder pens on the FB page and was asked to post his picture here..I think he might be show quality. So I would like a few critiques on what flaws you may see and good points. I am not noticing any flaws yet. Wich means I am biased and not looking hard enough... so I thought you guys might see some..I gave him hens that are still young and would want to cull the girls to offset any flaws in Junior..

I posted my pick for this years breeder pens on the FB page and was asked to post his picture here..I think he might be show quality. So I would like a few critiques on what flaws you may see and good points. I am not noticing any flaws yet. Wich means I am biased and not looking hard enough... so I thought you guys might see some..I gave him hens that are still young and would want to cull the girls to offset any flaws in Junior..
I don't think there are any serious breeders/showers on this thread any more.
Did you post on this FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/welsummerclubofnorthamerica/ ?

One thing I notice is that his legs are white and should be yellow.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where else to ask this question, but I really would like some Welsummer pullets someday. However, everywhere I have looked they only sell straight run. Is there a reason for this? I've looked on-line at many different places and my local feed mill that sells chicks and even rural king only will sell them in straight run. Does anyone know of a place where I can just get females? I already have one rooster and don't want any more. I can't stand having to think of selling a rooster, knowing they are probably going to be butchered.

Thank you for any help you can give!
Meyer's Hatchery. I believe that you can order sexed chicks from them.

He is a stunning Roosters, but Welsummers should have yellow legs.

Some of my Welsummer Hens of two years ago.. the one on the far left, has a leg color fault.. has a greenish tint to her left leg.

I don't have photos to my newest Welsummer Pullets yet,, Hope to have some in a few days.

Does anyone in or near Indiana have any Wellsummer hens for sale? I am looking for two quality older pullets or young hens to add to my backyard flock. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom