The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Here are couple photos more close up of my Kummer Poultry Birds. They are such little busy bodies that it is almost impossible to catch them standing still.
smile.png

11170_imgp7004.jpg

11170_imgp7022.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of Loki that show his comb better. What do think? I am hoping that the first little point becomes more prominant. He definitely did not get his dad's funky comb.

Ya'll know how many boys I had to hatch out from last year and this year to get one boy with a good comb???? TOOOOO MANY!!!
wink.png

11170_imgp7084.jpg

11170_imgp7093.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Bargain is in GA. I got my Welsummers from her. Not sure how close to you, but I think she also just sells eggs.

JamesA has Barnevelders and also in GA. He's got great birds also. Here's a link to one of his past auctions.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=319595

JamesA has gone out of the chicken business.....I'm going to try to see who has his Barnevelders. Actually I wouldn't mind having a flock of those as well, but am a bit concerned as I hear they are very very low in the laying department - as in few eggs annually...And we dp our eggs, so I would need to check this out.

Thanks and have a blessed day!

Quote:
Bargain is in GA. I got my Welsummers from her. Not sure how close to you, but I think she also just sells eggs.

JamesA has Barnevelders and also in GA. He's got great birds also. Here's a link to one of his past auctions.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=319595

JamesA has gone out of the chicken business.....I'm going to try to see who has his Barnevelders. Actually I wouldn't mind having a flock of those as well, but am a bit concerned as I hear they are very very low in the laying department - as in few eggs annually...And we dp our eggs, so I would need to check this out.

Thanks and have a blessed day!

I'm sorry to hear that.
sad.png
He has (had) some gorgeous birds.

Quote:
Sorry flower, not following.
smile.png

Oh gee, trying to just be clever. I mean that you have a rooster with a much better comb, which I am guessing that you will use to breed more birds and eventually you will have a wonderful rooster. My comment really wasn't meant to say anymore than that.
big_smile.png

I can not have roosters at this stage because of where I live.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry flower, not following.
smile.png

Oh gee, trying to just be clever. I mean that you have a rooster with a much better comb, which I am guessing that you will use to breed more birds and eventually you will have a wonderful rooster. My comment really wasn't meant to say anymore than that.
big_smile.png

I can not have roosters at this stage because of where I live.

Thank you! That is what I thought but wasn't sure. Sometimes I don't keep up with the fast bunch
gig.gif
which I am sure was the case. It's all good!
big_smile.png

If anyone is looking for some really nice bantam roosters I have extras available, out of my Amestein(DUTCH) bloodline. Also started pairs and trios available, along with 2 week old chicks... Contact me if you are interested

Nate Vanwey
Shamrock Farm
http://shamrockfarm.webs.com

Back
Top Bottom