The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
yes wallpaper is one of my least favorite jobs to do...right along with cleaning stoves once a tenant moves out and forgets to clean it
roll.png
never mind that it has self cleaning on it. And no it doesn't mean that the stove will clean itself without help
somad.gif

snowing here today-big flakes coming down and no mention on the weather about it today!
lau.gif

"self cleaning"......the optional function.......some opt to use it and some opt not too?!?!?!?!
gig.gif

My DH says "why is it self cleaning when you still have to get in there and clean it out?"
smack.gif
So...I was kind enough to demonstrate the difference for him because he agreed to see which method was easier, with said "optional function" and he agreed to do the cleaning...........I agreed to do the cooking and you know I cooked the bubbly oooziest things I could bake and didn't bother putting them on baking sheets to catch the ooze
big_smile.png
.....need I say more?
lau.gif

Oh you are so mean but GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! LMBO! I love my self cleaning ovens! I would not trade them in the world.

I am thinking about getting a few Wellsummers for my 4-H project. I will probably get them from Will Marrow in MD to take up to VT with me. They are a great breed to go along with Faverolles because they are also so docile and very easy to work with. Is there anyone in VT or New England with them? I might go there instead.

Henry

It would be a good idea to go and get them. They are not far from Gettysburg. One day if we go to Gettysburg for the 150th (Ithink), we might swing by and pick up some birds and head on home.

John Hall in Montepelier, VT is one of the breeders there. He is one of the best Welsummer breeders. It has been awhile since I heard from him two years ago.

When you go to Whitmore Farms, SEE their eggs and find out if they are dark and terra cotta in color.

Quote:
I know Will Very well. He has started trap nesting I believe. He does have dark eggs or at least he did last time I was up there. They were almost Marans dark.

Henry

Quote:
I keep a list of who gets my good stock, and who gets culls for eggs. That way if somehow they do start breeding, I can tell people what they actually bought - its not that I dont want people to buy from someone else - I just dont want my name attached to junk birds! I sell the culls, and tell them they are for eggs or crossing only, as they are already crosses, and that is why I sold them cheap, lol.

Nate

Buff Orpington chicks????? To cross with your Wellie?

I hope you have a BO roo to go with your girls...the ones from Meyer were beautiful! A friend of mine ordered it a few years back and they were GOLD as they could be but not as big as the SQ Orps.

Back
Top Bottom