The Welsummer Thread!!!!

He did have the option of standing where we had the run cleared of the snow, but he chose to stand over by me. Must have been that the BOSS was worth it. Actually, the wellies are really tolerant of the cold weather. I have to keep petroleum jelly on him to protect from frostbite, though.

Quote:
March? April? May? June?
smile.png

Last edited:
My Wellies have yellow legs and some of the older girls who are in molt have a pale yellow leg that I guess you could say appears to have a whiteish tinge, but after molt and upon laying I notice that they will yellow up again, has any one else noticed that?

I prefer the yellow legs, not the pumpkiny yellow legs on the Welsummer, reminds me too much of the Barnevelder leg color.

And Robin..............That poor girl of yours that is molting, is identical to my poor girl that is molting. This is the first very hard molt like this that I have seen in my Wellies. I've seen it like this in other breeds, but not to this extent. Poor babies!

Quote:
Great to hear about someone else from Michigan, that is raising Welsummers. These are the chickens I've always wanted after raising chickens for around 35 yrs. I'm after the very dark eggs.

Nate just put me on to this sight, which I appreciate.

Blessings

Harold

Quote:
Is she a pullet out of the batch that I sent you?

Yellow legs are good on hens, hard to get the corn yellow on the hens - even right from the dutch stock bantams that were imported right from the dutch breeders.

Nate

Quote:
Great to hear about someone else from Michigan, that is raising Welsummers. These are the chickens I've always wanted after raising chickens for around 35 yrs. I'm after the very dark eggs.

Nate just put me on to this sight, which I appreciate.

Blessings

Harold

Welcome aboard! Just dont put your mind into overload!!! Alot goes on in here, lol...

There are quite a few people on here that have ordered eggs or chicks from me! HensandRoos, Holly, Ewesheep, Faykoko, those are the ones off the top of my head! I hope you decide to go with welsummers! They are the best breed ever. :) Great rate of lay with DARK EGGS!!!

Nate

Back
Top Bottom