The Welsummer Thread!!!!

There are no such thing as coyote fighting chickens. It depends on the coyote how wiley he can get and how deterimed the roo would be. In most cases, roos give up their lives for the girls.

Glenmar, you can sex them but they are not fool proof. You can see the past posts regarding to this.

Need to train those roos to hit an alarm siren button on the coop and scare the d a r n coyote to death. If you can train them to play a piano for corn?????

Does anyone have those RED LIGHT night eyes devices to scare off night critters? Do they work?

Quote:
Did you get those from Nina?

Blessings

Harold

No, from Dave DeLong over in Scottsville (90 minutes closer than Nina in Abingdon). I found him on the breeder list, but he lives on part of the farm owned by the estate of my brother's deceased in-laws. My brother has known him for more than 20 years and vouched for him. He lives within three miles of my brother and two nephews, so it works out good.

Incidentally, the way I worded my post sounds like I got eggs and am incubating them. Actually, Dave set the eggs and I will get the day old or so chicks the first week of June. He has been great to work with and he wants to know that his chicks are going to someone who is responsible.

My second broody Welsummer.........#8. She has been determined now for about 4-5 days.
hmm.png

11170_imgp1179.jpg

My boy Odin out playing in the grass.
11170_imgp1181.jpg

Wildflower~ Congrats on the chickies!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! Your broody and Odin are beautiful! I guess I should say Odin is 'handsome' but eye candy is beautiful, no matter the sex. I don't know how I will stand it until my baby peeps are full grown and as beautiful as this.

Back
Top Bottom