The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
"Berry tweet" as my 2 and a 1/2 year old step granddaughter would say!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

Well, those wellie chicks were from you!
big_smile.png

Our little Wellie, one of our first five chickens ever. She's been a delight so far, very independent and inquisitive relative to the other chicks...she also seems to be becoming more and more the head chick of our little flock.
lol.png

5972418160_19a011d57e_z.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to share some pics of eggs I am getting from my bantam welsummers I hatched in January.

I saved the darkest eggs and incubated them and it looks like it's paying off with their chicks laying darker ones.

This pic is with a flash the middle egg is what the color most of the older birds lay and the big egg is from LF welsummer
009-3.jpg

without the flash
002-14.jpg

Quote:
Ewesheep,

Here are some photos. They are 10 weeks old now. I am very disappointed with the quality. They were healthy but hardly to standard. I wasn't looking for high quality show birds but wanted something better than what I could get at the local farm store. I wish I had found that thread sooner. Oh well.
idunno.gif

Anywho take a look.

This guy has always been friendly always climbing on us as a chick. He looked like a Wellie from day one (no quail face). But now.....
76965_002b.jpg

76965_002c.jpg

He's in the middle here...
76965_012a.jpg

Not sure if this guy is a Partridge Barnie or Wellie or what? Quail faced...
76965_004a.jpg

This one had no Qface...
76965_007a.jpg

This gal was always darker and Qfaced...
76965_009a.jpg

Here's another...
76965_010c.jpg

The one on the left had a Qface...
76965_013a.jpg

Thanks for helping me out with this. More than half of the 50 are cockerels - the freezer is going to be full!
barnie.gif

BTW gamebirdsonly nice eggs! I hope to get some from these new gals before winter.

I hate to say, but you got some awful quality Welsummers there, Rock. they look like crossbreds and I am ashamed of the breeder doing that!

Certainly, you can count on us to provide you some proper Welsummers by asking any of the BYCers or the WCNA members for some hatching eggs or chicks if they do provide shipping.

Thanks for sharing! I would love to use your photos for the WCNA website what people need to look out for.

Rock-n-Roo, you are living in a fortunate area. Pink is in Kelso, and I (who will be hatching next season from her stock) travel north though the Williamette on I-5 several times a year. I'll bet we can fix you up.

Back
Top Bottom