The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
Well, those wellie chicks were from you!
big_smile.png

I knew they looked familiar.....especially those little roos.
smile.png

Yeah, you sent everyone else the eggs with pullets in them. I got the roo eggs! Thankfully I got 2 pullets out of it!

Quote:
Thanks so much for the input, offers and emotional support.
hugs.gif

As it is, we may be moving to the west side of the valley and don't know if we will be able to keep any. It's kind of sudden for us but feel it may be best given the economy and all.

If we can't keep chickens I will sorely miss them!
hit.gif

Thanks. They are gorgeous aren't they. I have 2 as well(these pics are of the same bird). Gave my brother-in-law 2 also from the same hatch - I need to stop by his place and check them out. Haven't seen them since they were 4 weeks old... Can't wait to see the eggs!

Last edited:
Steve~ She is beautiful! Thanks for sharing her! Now don't go feeding the Wellies any green beer because she just wouldn't look the same.
wink.png
lol.png
I hope they give you beautiful eggs soon, but I suspect the size of her comb that you may be waiting just a tad longer.
Are those your Lavender Ameraucana's in the background? I miss my little Lav's.

Chooks~ Congrats on the squat from your girl....I hope she is laying very soon for you too but is her comb about the same as Steve's girl?

Steve you have lovely girls! Be mindful how much black penciling on her neck feathers. too much of it, you would have to work into getting less black in future generation but other than that, I love the copper coloring on her neck. I must admit I kinda like that color more than the gold. Oh well, to each their own!

I hope Moose will produce some biggin offsprings, taller sons and wider daughters!
lol.png

Hi all! I have 2, 4 week old Welsummer Pullets that I got from a hatchery, one of them has small short feathers coming in, running down the outside of her legs. This is my first experience with this breed and I didn't think they were suppose to have that or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom