The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
Awesome pictures Kelly! Thanks for posting them. I have never seen this before.....do you have any close up photos of her before she molted showing what her peppering/stippling looked like prior to molt?

Congratulations on the egg too! I wish mine would start laying again....any of them, don't care which breed, just want me some eggs.
lol.png

Quote:
Welcome and glad you stumbled across a Welsummer. I am a firm believer that everyone should have a Wellie or 2 in their flock.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wellies!
frow.gif

Are you referring to Wellies that came from me when you say Pink Wellies? Or are you teasing me and I missed out on some pink chickens somewhere?
lol.png

Welcome to all the new folks!

Kim - no, I don't have any close up pictures from before she molted. I have not seen this before either - she was always dark, but she's much darker now. (in the hackles too) As for my egg, it was a pullet egg - so I have a suspicion that my last girl from you has FINALLY started laying!

I think I posted this to the wrong board the first time, so forgive me if you've seen this already.

Are there specific bloodlines that have eggs with more speckling? I really like the speckled eggs but mine are rather plain. Pretty color, just plain.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom