The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Both are girls.

Thank you! I was hoping, but as a newbie with different breeds, it's difficult to keep tell. :)

While I can't even begin to sex them...I have to tell you I am in LOVE with the names you picked out! I might steal them for my next batch of pullets!! I love the Doctor
love.gif

Thanks...we're pretty geeky around these parts. Our other girls are named Arwen, Eowyn, Daenerys, Arya and Sansa.

I'm so confused. I have a hatchery Welsummer. She's mighty purdy but I think she may have started laying last week and I didn't think it was her because of the color. Could the darkest egg in this basket be hers? The one on the top right "corner" of the basket? It's quite a tiny egg and I think there was one before it of the same color, and since they are so tiny I guess it could be one of her first attempts at a nice Wellie egg. It's just so light compared to others I've seen :(

I'm so confused. I have a hatchery Welsummer. She's mighty purdy but I think she may have started laying last week and I didn't think it was her because of the color. Could the darkest egg in this basket be hers? The one on the top right "corner" of the basket? It's quite a tiny egg and I think there was one before it of the same color, and since they are so tiny I guess it could be one of her first attempts at a nice Wellie egg. It's just so light compared to others I've seen :(

I have had a few really light colored eggs come from my Wellie pullets. I also had some really dark ones too. Seems like two of mine lay pretty dark eggs and one lays a medium brown sometimes as light as my Orpington.

If you have stock that includes males with correct combs and tails, I would like to purchase some hatching eggs.
PM me here.

I checked the BST section with no luck. I am trying to find a rooster from the Channing Grisham line. I have 5 Welsummer hens from the line and want to keep the chicks pure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom