The Westminster Dog Show

Girl You got some serious html issues goin on in your signture line, lol!! What is all that jumble?!!
smile.png

Hah! You beat me to it and fixed it!! Lol!! Well, in that case, and since you took care of that problem, you can come over here and watch direct tv with me, let's see what on tonight...hmmmantiques roadshow maybe?!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Priceless!!

I have a friend that taught her Irish Setter girl to bow before she does her down and back. Some judges love it, some don't so much. I think it's great, it makes the sport fun.

I think the judges, who all seem to be elderly for some reason, need to wake up and smell the dog chow. Poodles are so has been.
barnie.gif
Be wonderful to see a working dog win for a change. And no, I don't consider the standard poodle a working dog!

I don't think the irish wolfhound will ever win. That's okay though, my Charlie Girl is still my best in show.
love.gif

My hd took me to the show three years ago.
It was great.
A German Short-haired Pointer won that year and he was remarkable!
Poor poodles can't help the way their people groom them.....way to fluffy for me.
I have had 5-6 standard poodles in my rescue over the years and they are awesome dogs.
They are gun dogs and used for hunting and retrieving.
I am pulling for the Affenpinscher in the toy group tonight because I have one and he is soooo cute and sweet.
005.jpg

I am pulling for the Mastiff or Great Dane in the working group.
Here is my mastiff Maegan, along with some of her sibs from another litter.
MaegansaysHI-1.jpg

102.jpg

016.jpg

The beagle is a cutie for sure!!

I will give that conformation wise, the standard does deserve a win. The reach and drive was excellent, her side movement was nice. It was an overall great picture to watch. I just get so tired of them winning though. I'm glad they aren't part of the sporting group or we'd never win.

Yeah I know it's not the poor poodles fault. But how many people still keep standard poodles as working dogs? Are they even breed with their working ability in mind anymore? I love mastiffs, but I adore wolfhounds. Mainly because of Charlie....best dog I've ever been owned by, bar none. My next dog will either be another wolfhound rescue, like Charlie, or a greyhound rescue. While I'd love to own a pedigreed wolfhound, I refuse to buy from a breeder so long as there is one dog left in rescue/shelter.

Back
Top Bottom