The Winter granny square swap.

Thanks for the welcome.  I did a trial block last night using the snowflake pattern I used for the wedding present.  I just changed it from an octagon to a square and it came out right at 6 inches.
:clap    If I decide to use it, it will use two colors, white of course and the background color.  The final round is the traditional granny square pattern.  My yarn stash isn't quite as large as my quilting stash but it's close.:lau

Baustin, I would LOVE to see this snowflake block! Is there anyway you could share a photo, I bet it's gorgeous!!

Baustin, I would LOVE to see this snowflake block! Is there anyway you could share a photo, I bet it's gorgeous!!
I'll take a picture of the afghan or block tomorrow. What part of NC are you in? My daughter lives in Jacksonville and I lived in Maysville for many years.

I was just wondering if anyone else has started their squares yet? I am having an issue... The greens I have to work with are Red Heart "dark sage" & "medium thyme". I am finginf that they seem to clash with most of the Blues I am working with and wanted to know what dark greens anyone else might be working with(that are working well)?

Also, Have we decided on a final round color? or if one will be used?

I'll take a picture of the afghan or block tomorrow.  What part of NC are you in?  My daughter lives in Jacksonville and I lived in Maysville for many years.

Oh I can't wait to see it!!!
1f44d.png

Baustin, I am located in Lexington, about 4 hours West of your daughter. My Niece actually lives much closer to her, she lives down between Rockingham and Fayetteville. I have met so many wonderful, wonderful friends from BYC here in NC and SC at the different swaps. It has been so much fun!!
1f603.png

Last edited:
So very, very true. We went out this evening and I didn't feel like doing Home Depot, so I had my boyfriend drop me off at Michaels. Because I need to be in Michaels, right? 40% off a regular priced item and 20% off entire purchase. I have a huge tote in the closet, plus two bags, plus 4 bags on the floor, 3 totes in the garage, 2 dressers full and a cedar chest that I keep looking at wondering what the heck I put in it. And that's not counting the stuff I'm working on in the living room or what I brought in this weekend.

Someone stop me before I shop again!!!
th.gif
My yarn purchases are kept in line by my asthma. It is very difficult for me to go into Michaels or Hobby Lobby type stores, usually ends in a big ole' asthma attack. My Hancock fabrics doesn't carry much yarn at all, and Joannes is out of my way, I actually have to be going there on purpose. I hate buying colors just based on what I see on the computer, never know what it is really.

My yarn purchases are kept in line by my asthma. It is very difficult for me to go into Michaels or Hobby Lobby type stores, usually ends in a big ole' asthma attack. My Hancock fabrics doesn't carry much yarn at all, and Joannes is out of my way, I actually have to be going there on purpose. I hate buying colors just based on what I see on the computer, never know what it is really.

Well Lord have mercy! I personally don't stress about colors. We're friends and if there is an off color, I can live with it. This goes for everyone. Believe me, I have no doubt there are worse things in our lives to fret about.

Just take your inhaler with you when you go. I do understand though. Why do they have to have those smelly sachet thingies right as you walk in. That's the way it is at Michael's here. I should probably speak to the Manager.

I was just wondering if anyone else has started their squares yet? I am having an issue... The greens I have to work with are Red Heart "dark sage" & "medium thyme". I am finginf that they seem to clash with most of the Blues I am working with and wanted to know what dark greens anyone else might be working with(that are working well)?

Also, Have we decided on a final round color? or if one will be used?
I've started my squares. I have a stash of blues and greys but not white or dark green. I'll use those first and just buy more if we have more swappers than I have blue & grey for. As for the rest of the afghan, I'll add more colors from my stash. That's what I did in the Spring swap and it came out fine. I live in a coniferous forest and the and the pines, firs and cedars have a variety of greens. I personally would be happy to receive sage or thyme colors, but don't want to rock the boat if others want to stick to the dark. I don't think we decided on a final round. If we did, I might have to take some of my squares apart and redo the final round.

I like the tyme and sage greens also. In fact I use them in various shades of the colors. I will probably have a few of my blocks with them. I haven't had a chance to tak pics yet but maybe later this evening. I'm up to my ears doing spring cleaning in fall after my family and their 5 dogs left. I loved having them and being able to help them and the dogs were such darlings but I can't tolerate black dog hair hanging off the ceiling fans.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom