The Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roocrazy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. PHarris985

PHarris985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Oregon
    A picture of my two Wyandotte. Are they Roo's or Hens?
    In this picture is my Wyandotte and Speckled Sussex
    [​IMG]
    These are the two Wyandottes
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Quote:We see 3...do you have side shots of them?

3. wayne86

wayne86 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:Geez! I hope you are selling an awful lot of chicks to help pay for all of that!

I choked when I got the feed bill!!! Trust me. Last year we had more chicks/breeders and the bill was about $150 less for the month of April. Feed has gone up $3 per bag around here. Chick sales covers the feed bill so far because we are at our peak, but that is it. I guess the shows, winter feed, and extra bird supplies have to come out of the paycheck.. [​IMG]

I think I am supposed to pick up some birds from you guys next weekend for Rudy. Are you going to lucasville too?

4. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    Quote:How old are they? My SL doesn't really have a comb yet and what's kinda there is not red. She's 4wks

5. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:I should take a picture of all the chicks running around here. Our feed bill was $730 last month.....I wish feed would go back down.

Wow! I spend about $250 a month on feed. I have something over 130 birds right now including all the chicks.​

6. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Quote:Yep, that's it. I've been there over 14 years and drive a forklift for a living. I'm a SMALL woman and look like a flea on greatdane when I drive one of the 2 ton forklifts. DH and I are both in bodyweld. At least now I'm known as the "egg lady" which is better than my old nickname "chipmunk on crack" [​IMG] (I'm a bit addicted to 5 hour energy shots).

7. rtroxel

rtroxel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote:The blue is also a wyandotte. But the Silver Laced looks like a male and Golden Laced look like a pair. I would venture a guess that the blue is a pullet, but you'll find out in a couple weeks.

8. PHarris985

PHarris985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:The blue is also a wyandotte. But the Silver Laced looks like a male and Golden Laced look like a pair. I would venture a guess that the blue is a pullet, but you'll find out in a couple weeks.

I'd be lost without this help from BCF. Thank you for your information you gave me. I thought the Blue was a Ameraucana, I have four of them and two black Ameraucana's.

9. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Recieved my new generation of Foley BLRW today from the auction. What big chicks they are!!!!! Gonna be exciting watching them feather out and mature.

10. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Quote:I am SOOOOO jealous.. [​IMG] I wish I could have joined in on that auction..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by