The Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roocrazy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. geweldig23

geweldig23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    Ohio
    Snapped a few pictures yesterday of my blr cockeral and some pullets.[​IMG]/img][​IMG]/img][​IMG]/img]

2. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    Quote:Nice birds:)

3. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Mrs. Turbo :

oh really.....turbo just said no way on the large fowl silver pencilled. He said we have too many varieties. Thanks for the information Johnathan. [​IMG]

Speaking of Silver Pencilled.......how are yalls bantam SP doing? I think we have a good number hatched out so far......​

4. SabaiFarms

SabaiFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Calhan, Colorado
    Just thought I'd share. My babies are getting so big and I'm a proud mama!

My (pretty sure) cockrel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my (hopeful) pullet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two make me happy every day. They have so much character. The pullet is so sweet and loving. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a cockrel too.

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:Speaking of Silver Pencilled.......how are yalls bantam SP doing? I think we have a good number hatched out so far......

ummmm....don't ask us to count them...LOL I wouldn't know where to start. I am having flashbacks of the hundreds of Columbian Wyandotte bantams that he grew out last year.

6. Papa Mel

Papa Mel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2010
    North Georgia
    This is a picture of my beautiful Gold Lace Wyandotte rooster. He is always following me around whereever I go..

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of my rooster with his two hens. The hens are beginning to molt and look a bit tattered.

[​IMG]

7. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:love seeing everyones Wyandottes.......
    ps...Wayne..... I guess turbo is getting some whites from you. [​IMG] I might put a few kittens and a puppy in the back of your truck as you leave the show. [​IMG]

8. wayne86

wayne86 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:love seeing everyones Wyandottes.......
    ps...Wayne..... I guess turbo is getting some whites from you. [​IMG] I might put a few kittens and a puppy in the back of your truck as you leave the show. [​IMG]

Haha! What kind of puppies do you have around there now?​

9. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:Speaking of Silver Pencilled.......how are yalls bantam SP doing? I think we have a good number hatched out so far......

ummmm....don't ask us to count them...LOL I wouldn't know where to start. I am having flashbacks of the hundreds of Columbian Wyandotte bantams that he grew out last year.​

Noisy little buggers they were, too!
    I sold those columbians from last year [​IMG]
    You still have any sl bantams? I need a cockerel...
    Let me know later this week how many of the black chicks you have hatched out so I know how much cash to bring with me. I'm not looking for blk bantams or LF blues, though. [​IMG]

10. mommas_got_peeps

mommas_got_peeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Hocking county Ohio
    Soo Excited for the GLW's I purchased at TSC this spring. Thinking I have 2 roos and a hen..and praying they are sweet and 'quiet" as we live in the hills and crowing roos would not go over well. I had never even heard of a GLW till I picked them up and absolutely love the feathers and colorings. Also have some tetra tints, black sexlinked and golden comets. (12) total. We are getting our coop finished up ...Rain has really taken a toll on our productivity. I'll be posting pics when I get a chance...my GLW are only 6weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by