The Wyandotte Thread

here are pictures of some of my 5 week old wyandottes.

70230_p1060880.jpg

70230_p1060878.jpg

70230_p1060853.jpg

70230_p1060768.jpg

70230_p1060858.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
It's definitely a she and she's definitely hatchery quality, but she's still pretty. Next time you need chickens, you should look into getting some show quality ones so that you can see the difference. It is actually quite large
smile.png

We live in town but hope to move out of town when our two teenage sons graduate from high school in 4 years. So I have high hopes of having my own little flock for real someday. I love the fluffy roundness of the Wyandottes so I hope to get good ones someday. For now my current one will have to do. I just feel lucky we are allowed to have a couple hens in town.

Last edited:
Thanks Klen and PeakyBeaky
Hope the other 2 eggs hatch too so her baby has play buddies.
Still have 2 more Wyandotte girls sitting on Wyandotte eggs. I would love to get a splash from one of the eggs.

More baby photos, of a sort. I was looking for hens to go into a breeding pen with Ian and Sylvia; these young'uns were looking for a home, and we found each other on my BYC state board. Agnetha, Ani Frid, Benny and Bjorn, 12 weeks or so, all splashes:

P1010607.jpg

I just recently added 6 SLW to my flock. They range 10-14 weeks and I can't wait for them to be full grown!

Back
Top Bottom