There absolutely has to be a better way...

The nipples don't drip much- at least for me they didn't drip enough to cause any problems with the little getting noticeably wet.

That's a nice set up you have there! Aren't you concerned about their little claws getting stuck in the wires if they take off running or something?

The cups that I am talking about are very simular to coop cups for dog kennels, just a bit smaller and besides this I did notice that Walmart carries 2 different size's now for dogs in which I'm preparing to switch to for their food purposes however would like something completely different in order to refrain from taking any inside cage space that will hang on the outside of the unit.

You an research them on the internet by going to walmarts site and type in small animal food bowls and such! Hopefully they will have them. They are generally used for small birds.

It would take me a couple days to get a pic and I'm not sure how to upload it to this site!

we drilled a hole in the top of our small chick waterer ( the plastic 1 qt with the red base) put a washer and nut on each side and squished it tight and welded a bigger washer on the top for a handle and we hang ours...its always adjustable and no shavings in the water
clap.gif
. we use the same bottle in the barn for our free range roosters (pets
big_smile.png
) well when its not being used for the chickadees!!

Gonna buy another and give it the same treatment
smile.png

I just have to agree with OP. I hate the messy chick waterers! Argh, argh. NO matter how hard you try, there is no perfect answer. I am hoping the nipples work better, I have them too, just not set them up yet.

I keep dumping shavings/water/poop/feed, dumping dumping. Clean, clean, clean. Now, did I mention the mud???? Where is spring? Oh, it is only Jan, still have Feb and March to go!

But............they are so worth it huh?

Back
Top Bottom