There is still good in the world.

We always invite him to dinner and he always refuses. He does have a daughter who he sees about once a month. He has said he is going there for T-day.

I have always said good karma can come back in this life.... apparently it did!

Aw what a great story! I love how it seems that nationally people have gotten more understanding as times have gotten harder.

roll.png

I wish that were true everywhere. I ran into this other guy and he asked how we were so I told him,

He said, "Well, when your husband took a job instead of working on a career he didn't think it would last forever, did he?" Full court sneer.

"Wow", I said , "Must be a real time saver to jump to conclusions, and find people guilty without waiting to hear any facts or heaven forbid consider any human decency."

hmm.png

Some day he'll need and nobody will be there.

When my first daughter was born, my husband had his hours at work cut down 5 weeks before she was born(with the promise that they would return just to wait it out), so we were already pretty tight on money, and 1 week before she was born he got laid off. This was the middle of November, so we didn't have any great plans for thanksgiving or even healthy meals planned. One day we came home to a big tub full o groceries on our front porch, It made me cry and made my world a lot brighter.

Last edited:
What an amazing Man!!! And a very welcome blessing!!! Thank you for sharing this with us .. I really needed a pick me up today.. Been mopy all morning ( Birthdays Suck),,
Defintily cash that check ... You will make him soo happy to know that all you have done for him can finnaly be paid back.. Blessings to you and yours...

Quote:
Danielle, Did you ever live here?? One night Dh found a woman with 3 young children in a broken down car on a highway. He moved the carseats and took them all the way home. When he came home he said it was heartbreaking how little they had. So we went grocery shopping and he took a big basket of food and left it on her doorstep the next morning.
smile.png

He's a good man and I hope this rough time will be short for him. It breaks my heart to see him so shattered by his job loss.
sad.png

What goes around comes around. Be thankful for him and to him. If you really want to pay him back someday, you can. Just do it in the form of a gift not a repayment. Include him in your prayers. Think of him at Christmas. Continue to check on him and help him out. Just continue doing what you have been doing for him. Good job and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom