THERE'S A DINOSAUR IN THE COOP...Hatching again, PICS.

Quote:
Not yet. But I guess it is only day 19. so
caf.gif
waiting.

I am terrible at remembering to write down when I set eggs. I have just opened the incubator to find I have a duckling with its beak in the aircell. But none of the other eggs look ready. I set up the hatcher anyway... I wonder whos will come first now...yours or mine???

Congrats on your first Broody!!!
clap.gif
They are alot of fun and there is just nothing more precious than watching them raise their babies!!! Anywho...just a tip from experience...try to limit your peeking underneath her while the eggs are hatching out as it messes up the humidity neccesary for the chicks to successfully hatch out. I had a couple bad experiences. Also NEVER quit on unhatched eggs until at least several days after the majority of the chicks have hatched. Last time I went out on about day 4 (after the other chicks have hatched....new baby chicks were 4 days old) and as I went to look for the "DUDD eggs" to throw out I surprisingly found brand new extra babies!!!
celebrate.gif
What a great surprise and a fantastic lesson!!!
clap.gif
Have fun & enjoy being a chickie Grandma for the first time!!!
clap.gif

Not yet..but with the others that have pipped. from memory these eggs went in 3 days earlier than the double yolker... I am starting to get very nervous about that one too.

Back
Top Bottom