Thermometers

Jaime918

Songster
Nov 27, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
Hello everyone and Happy new year!
:celebrate:wee

So I'm getting everything gathered for calibration and incubation. I plan on using the temperature/humidity display on my incubator, and my digital thermometer/hygrometer arrives today. But I would like to know what everyone's go to analog/non-digital thermometer and hygrometer are. I would like to be as accurate and successful as possible with my first hatch. :jumpy

If you want to check accuracy of your digital thermometer, get one of these for less than $6. This is what I recommend to peeps with your same question.
People fever thermometer.

thermometer.PNG

For Hygrometer, you can try one of these for reptiles. I do not have any experience with these, but it is a good inexpensive option to double check your electronic unit.
hygrometer..PNG

You can get more precise with readings if you opt for a wet-bulb thermometer.
Here is a copy,,,,and paste describing such.
What is a wet bulb temperature in a incubator?
88oF

Relative humidity is calculated by using a wet bulb thermometer to measure the temperature within the incubator. A wet bulb temperature of 88oF and a dry bulb temperature of 101oF, converts to 60% relative humidity (See p. 16 in Beginning of Life for tables used in calculating humidity in the incubator).

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

If you want to check accuracy of your digital thermometer, get one of these for less than $6. This is what I recommend to peeps with your same question.
People fever thermometer.

View attachment 2948946
For Hygrometer, you can try one of these for reptiles. I do not have any experience with these, but it is a good inexpensive option to double check your electronic unit.
View attachment 2948949

You can get more precise with readings if you opt for a wet-bulb thermometer.
Here is a copy,,,,and paste describing such.
What is a wet bulb temperature in a incubator?
88oF

Relative humidity is calculated by using a wet bulb thermometer to measure the temperature within the incubator. A wet bulb temperature of 88oF and a dry bulb temperature of 101oF, converts to 60% relative humidity (See p. 16 in Beginning of Life for tables used in calculating humidity in the incubator).

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thank you so much for all of this information. I had seen the wet bulb thermometers, but I was unsure if it would work like I needed, and google wasn't of much help so thank you for helping to answer that for me!

Back
Top Bottom