They have arrived!

TheFatBlueCat

Crowing
Oct 16, 2021
New Zealand
My Coop
My Coop
I didn't want to say a word about having a broody setting on eggs after my last double broody hen disaster hatch (all 16 chicks dead in shell due to high summer humidity).

But last night I heard peeping and clucking, day 20! This afternoon (day 21) I have 5 little black fluff balls and mama hen is still sitting, there are 3 more eggs left. I'm pretty happy with 5 out of 8 but would be even happier with more.

In this world with so much uncertainty and chaos, I thought we could all use some happiness and hope, so I'm sharing my good news 😊

20220309_180227.jpg

:loveI didn't want to say a word about having a broody setting on eggs after my last double broody hen disaster hatch (all 16 chicks dead in shell due to high summer humidity).

But last night I heard peeping and clucking, day 20! This afternoon (day 21) I have 5 little black fluff balls and mama hen is still sitting, there are 3 more eggs left. I'm pretty happy with 5 out of 8 but would be even happier with more.

In this world with so much uncertainty and chaos, I thought we could all use some happiness and hope, so I'm sharing my good news 😊

View attachment 3019075
Congratulations! Very adorable. Thanks for sharing. :love

Back
Top Bottom