They have worms

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I was out hanging out with the flock and when one of them decided to poop next to me, I noticed a white/clear-ish worm in the poo wiggling around. I only knew that it was one of the buff orpingtons that pooped but I want to de-worm everyone.

I'm hoping to give them something natural so I won't have to stop collecting eggs.

What do I give them?

I was out hanging out with the flock and when one of them decided to poop next to me, I noticed a white/clear-ish worm in the poo wiggling around. I only knew that it was one of the buff orpingtons that pooped but I want to de-worm everyone.

I'm hoping to give them something natural so I won't have to stop collecting eggs.

What do I give them?
Did you get a picture of the worm? You need to know what you have so you can use the correct dewomer.

No.
And it looked similar to a regular worm but was very tiny and white/clear-ish.
Sounds like round worms to me.
Wazine 17 should do the trick.
image.jpg

It does sound like you saw a roundworm, not the end of the world. Wazine 17 is no longer available. But you may use Valbazen 1/2 ml given orally to each chicken, and again in 10 days to get the worm larvae. Or get Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer and give 1/4 ml per pound to each chicken, either once and repeat in 10 days, or give it for 5 straight days for all chicken worms including capilarry and gapeworms. SafeGuard is more easily available in feed stores, but Valbazen which is found online will treat many chickens for years.

Back
Top Bottom