They just "fell" into my cart...

When I had a brain cloud a year ago February and did not find out clear until I was checking out that I only had to buy 2 ducklings and not 6. I had parked far from the store, walked all the way to my car. Called Hubby to see what he thought about the idea, he of course said "You're the one that has to take care of them so do what you want." I walked all the way back in the store and bought them! It was bitter cold outside and I had them in my living room for 6 weeks until they were fully feathered! Some people lose all common sense when it comes to the cuteness of these babies, like me! lol

It happens ❤️
Best of luck & many laughs, memories & eggs with your new sweeties.

In my case, I really was tempted by Tractor Supply chicks. Went back to get some, but they had none that day. Well, I had some baby pigeons I was handfeeding, occupying my brooder tub anyway.

So.....I happened to hear about 9 young hens needing a home...& now they have a home with me.

Hubby said please no chicks yet, not til we finish coop #3 (we aren't done yet)

Can't say I didn't listen 😂 😆 🤣
They aren't chicks

1 Red Star
2 Comets
3 Delawares
2 Marans
1 Polish
20230524_102745.jpg 20230524_102305.jpg 20230524_103717.jpg 20230524_102757.jpg

When I had a brain cloud a year ago February and did not find out clear until I was checking out that I only had to buy 2 ducklings and not 6. I had parked far from the store, walked all the way to my car. Called Hubby to see what he thought about the idea, he of course said "You're the one that has to take care of them so do what you want." I walked all the way back in the store and bought them! It was bitter cold outside and I had them in my living room for 6 weeks until they were fully feathered! Some people lose all common sense when it comes to the cuteness of these babies, like me! lol
Well, at least you gave it a good try!!!

It happens ❤️
Best of luck & many laughs, memories & eggs with your new sweeties.

In my case, I really was tempted by Tractor Supply chicks. Went back to get some, but they had none that day. Well, I had some baby pigeons I was handfeeding, occupying my brooder tub anyway.

So.....I happened to hear about 9 young hens needing a home...& now they have a home with me.

Hubby said please no chicks yet, not til we finish coop #3 (we aren't done yet)

Can't say I didn't listen 😂 😆 🤣
They aren't chicks

1 Red Star
2 Comets
3 Delawares
2 Marans
1 Polish
View attachment 3525601View attachment 3525602View attachment 3525604View attachment 3525603
Beautiful Birds!!!!

Six weeks ago, I was totally SHOCKED to hear my husband say those MAGICAL words…. ´´Would you like to get some new chicks?´´ while we were at Rural King for some bunny feed. I swiftly sprang into action, located the chicks (chicken parents have built-in chick radar) and stood guard, while our son raced up and down the aisles to get help. We left with 6 Buff Orpington pullets, 1 Blue Silkie (was the last blue 1 and I HAD to have it), plus 1 Australorp pullet that our son fell in love with immediately.

I must admit that I’m also GUILTY of filling the incubator with eggs when it MAGICALLY appears out of nowhere!

Yes, I too fill my incubator frequently, chicken as well as goose.

Sad note, I had my favorite hen taken by some kind of animal this morning. She was called an Aquila at Big R when I bought her three years ago, but she looks like an Australorp.

Tank the Rooster is very upset. She was his favorite hen. 😔
So sorry to hear this. I would be terribly upset if I lost any of my birds to predators. I have been totally blessed to have never experienced that.

Yes, I too fill my incubator frequently, chicken as well as goose.

Sad note, I had my favorite hen taken by some kind of animal this morning. She was called an Aquila at Big R when I bought her three years ago, but she looks like an Australorp.

Tank the Rooster is very upset. She was his favorite hen. 😔
I pray that you still have some of her eggs that you might be able to incubate and possibly get another one like her.

Back
Top Bottom