they only eat a powder of grave

Someonelovely

Chirping
Dec 31, 2021
Ethiopia ,Gondar
My English is poor if any one understand me i went to ask a question
My chicken is 4 month old they only eat a powder of grave only they did not eat if it is not grind i don't know why so i am Very tired for them to Grinding grain
Because the grading machine is far from my home
Can you give me suggestion what should i do in order to eat the grave

Hello, welcome to BYC!
What I'm getting from this post is that your feeding them grain, and they will only eat it if its ground, is that correct?
Would you mind adding your geographical location to your profile? Its very helpful in situations like these when we are trying to source products for you. Its very easy-
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 12.38.03 PM.png

Once you click account details, scroll down and add your geographical location to the location bar.

Moving forward, where are you located? Do you have a commercial chicken feed available to you? Grain isn't balanced enough to make up a chickens entire diet. They need more nutrition than that to lay all those eggs.:)

Hello, welcome to BYC!
What I'm getting from this post is that your feeding them grain, and they will only eat it if its ground, is that correct?
Would you mind adding your geographical location to your profile? Its very helpful in situations like these when we are trying to source products for you. Its very easy-
View attachment 2949006
Once you click account details, scroll down and add your geographical location to the location bar.

Moving forward, where are you located? Do you have a commercial chicken feed available to you? Grain isn't balanced enough to make up a chickens entire diet. They need more nutrition than that to lay all those eggs.:)
Ya that is what i went to say

My English is poor if any one understand me i went to ask a question
My chicken is 4 month old they only eat a powder of grave only they did not eat if it is not grind i don't know why so i am Very tired for them to Grinding grain
Because the grading machine is far from my home
Can you give me suggestion what should i do in order to eat the grave
Hello. In the United States before there was commercial food for chickens people fed them table scraps, and the chickens were always allowed to find their own food too by not being in a pen. The chickens didn't die out with this feeding method.

What do you have available in place of grain? Can you grow some of their grain?

I am in Ethiopia,Gondar and their is no balanced feed ,my self give them grave that i have
Gottcha. That makes it a bit more difficult. Lets see what @U_Stormcrow can suggest. He's usually good in this department.
For now, I would feed them table scraps, and allow them to free range and forage for their own food. What breeds do you have? If they're high production breeds they may need more to keep weight on since they put so much into egg laying.
Do you have any hay available to you? Or Alfalfa pellets? That might be a good option for temporary forage.

So, its impossible to make a complete feed with just grains. Your birds will have to free range and scavenge successfully.

Top cereals grown in Ethiopia are Teff, Wheat, Maize (corn), Sorghum, and Barley.

The best cereals to try and make a complete feed out of? TEFF and Hard Winter Wheat. Then soft wheat. Teff actually has some of the best Methionine and Lysine levels in the grain world, aking it much easier to make a complete feed. I wish it was readily available here.

Sorghum isn't great, and high tannin sorghums have some problems, but birds have been raised successfully on nothing but sorghum, a legume (like soy or alfalfa), and some minerals.

*All these things should be cracked or ground to make them more digestible.*

If you can't do that, store them under water for a few days to a week, serve the wet (possibly sprouted) mash to your birds.

Oh, you should be able to get chickpeas. Cooked, those are also good for your birds. Same with Lentils. Gram seed and Fenugreek seed can also be used to increase their protein intake, if they are available to you at good price.

1641249973542.png

So, its impossible to make a complete feed with just grains. Your birds will have to free range and scavenge successfully.

Top cereals grown in Ethiopia are Teff, Wheat, Maize (corn), Sorghum, and Barley.

The best cereals to try and make a complete feed out of? TEFF and Hard Winter Wheat. Then soft wheat. Teff actually has some of the best Methionine and Lysine levels in the grain world, aking it much easier to make a complete feed. I wish it was readily available here.

Sorghum isn't great, and high tannin sorghums have some problems, but birds have been raised successfully on nothing but sorghum, a legume (like soy or alfalfa), and some minerals.

*All these things should be cracked or ground to make them more digestible.*

If you can't do that, store them under water for a few days to a week, serve the wet (possibly sprouted) mash to your birds.

Oh, you should be able to get chickpeas. Cooked, those are also good for your birds. Same with Lentils. Gram seed and Fenugreek seed can also be used to increase their protein intake, if they are available to you at good price.

View attachment 2949161
Thank you so mach that help me a lot

Back
Top Bottom