They're CROWING!!!!!!

Desirai

Songster
11 Years
Oct 12, 2011
Alabama
AAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's coming up a storm so I just got out of bed to go fill chicken food and water, and on my way to the pen I heard "HURRRRRRRRRRR"

I was like what the crap.

Then I heard, "URRR EEE URRrrrrrhhhh"

OMGOSH! So I run like a little school girl down to the pen and one of my roosters is straining his neck out, but no sound is coming out. So I'm like what?

I then realize, this is who is crowing, my Linda who is DEFINITELY a Lindo!

"URRR EE URRrrrrrrrrrr!"

So I'm like awwww giggling like a fool and I turn and go back when I hear...

"URRRRRNNNNGGGGGHHHHH"

Starsky has his neck stretched out making a sad grunting squeak sound. I laughed so hard.

It was starting to rain so I had to hurry back to the house but while I was coming back he was practicing his URNGH noise. Hahahahahaha!!!!!

OMG..been there.
gig.gif
lau.gif

I have a feeling that a few of my new "girls", might be crowers..ugh..

I had a white crested black polish that I had named Phyllis Diller, that a few weeks later I ended up naming Phil...

I tried everything...I would sit with him everyday and say things like " Think girly thoughts...eggs...the egg song ...say " Im a girl " over and over ", but it
didnt work...lol..Of course I knew that wouldnt work..right?...lol
idunno.gif

Arent they funny when they are learning to crow?

Aren't those first crows from the little guys hilarious? One winter morning I was out on my back deck watching my dogs do their thing when I heard a sound that got me worried - it sounded like one of my hens was choking and I was ready to race down to the coop to save her. But when I looked over the deck it was one of the 9-week-old boys trying out his voice for the first time!

they're funny and adorable!! I'm so mad that it's storming out there cause I want to record them!!

well it isn't "storming" but it's raining enough that I wouldn't want to take some expensive electronics out there

I had 2 that crowed at 2 wks old and continued to crow every morning. They are now 12 wks old and we now have a third one crowing. The 2 initial ones were silkie/Cochin mix. My third one is a barnvelder. It's so funny watching them crow when they are so little.

Hmmm, my rooster is almost 4 months old (got him about a 1 1/2 weeks ago) and I haven't heard one crow from him. Maybe he is just a quiet roo (hopefully).

I am in Alabama too and the rain is spoiling my "acclimate the girls to the outside" plan. I am sure a few of mine are going to crow soon too---everyday I change my mind about how many hens I have. How old are they usually when they start to crow? Mine are 5 weeks and still make baby peeping noises...

Back
Top Bottom