They're FINALLY laying, but who's laying what?

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
We have only ever had our two little banties lay eggs. They always laid small white eggs and we'd usually only get one or two a day. We went on vacation for a week and were surprised to find out that more chickens are finally laying!

Yesterday we had our usual small white egg, two small brown eggs and a large white egg. We have two OEGB's, one mixed game banty, two easter eggers, a polish and a silkie. I've been watching them all day and the only two that have been in the nest are the Polish and usual banty. The Polish just laid an egg and she's the one laying the large white egg.

So, who in the world could be laying the small brown eggs? It wouldn't be the easter eggers would it? I thought they would lay large eggs. One of the easter eggers keeps going in and out of the nest. My mixed banty has been nowhere near the nests.

If they have just started laying, even the large breed eggs will be small at first. It takes a 4-6 weeks for a large layer to reach full-sized eggs. They will be slightly bigger each day until they reach full size.

Quote:
I'll bet the brown are from my easter eggers then. Darn it. I was wanting blue or green.
sad.png

The brown isn't from my EE's!!! The silkie laid them! We just watched her lay one.

There is still hope that my EE's may lay blue or green.
*fingers crossed*

Quote:
Underground chickenman, of all the avatars I've seen on here, yours is by far the weirdest.
frow.gif

NicInNC, congratulations
woot.gif
on your new eggs! I came across the same problem just this morning with a small brown egg. I haven't been lucky enough to figure out who the culprit is, though.

Quote:
Underground chickenman, of all the avatars I've seen on here, yours is by far the weirdest.
frow.gif

NicInNC, congratulations
woot.gif
on your new eggs! I came across the same problem just this morning with a small brown egg. I haven't been lucky enough to figure out who the culprit is, though.

lau.gif
gig.gif
:
tongue2.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom