They're gone....

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
The highly awaited day in which my foster son and his wife leave for their new life across the country finally came.
wee.gif
hit.gif
I am so happy for them and still sad. I know they will miss us and we'll talk often, but it is not the same.

Oh well SIGH. A mother's job is to help them grow up and be independent and I can only hope I have done a good enough job.

Arizona is probably hoping they'll bring our overwhelming rain with them!
gig.gif

hugs.gif
This is what we raised them for - if we have done our job well, they have the strength to move on and start their 'own' lives. BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MOVE SO FAR AWAY?
hit.gif
Our kids (2) who couldn't wait to move away are now living within a 1 hour and 3 hour drive-- not too bad. The Princess and I get to see them and our grandchildren almost enough.
ya.gif

I remember backing out of my mom & dad's driveway with the Uhaul packed. I watched as my mom waved goodbye... I was SO excited for our adventure of moving across country. I didn't even notice her tears.

Seven years (and 2 children) later, we moved back and live within 10 minutes of them. I am really glad we moved away, as we established ourselves as a family unit. BUT, I'm even more glad we moved back. It is important for my children to know our families.

While I was away, I learned to lean on my husband for support instead of running to mommy & daddy. I learned to trust that I am a capable woman, a good wife & mother. I learned that people everywhere are basically the same, with the same needs & desires. But most of all, I learned that FAMILY is the most important thing.
love.gif

Don't worry, they'll be back!
thumbsup.gif

My kids did everything they could to be grown up and independant! They couldn;t wait to leave home go to Uni, college or just set up home in a flat in town. Now only a few years later I simply connot get rid of them they are ALWAYS here????????
barnie.gif

It is true they will come back!!!!!!!!

Oesdog
hugs.gif

My daughter who lived 15 minutes away just moved about 2hrs away. I too am in tears and broken hearted. Now all my children are a far piece away from us. Happy for them but I'm being selfish and pouting and having a pity party. Think I'll paint the inside of the house. Thats cheap busy work.

Hugs to the OP!

Things are so different these days than they were when I was young. I DO feel old today. When I moved away to college we lived in a dorm with a phone at the end of the hallway. We wrote letters and called home once a week. I missed my mom, but I began the process of learning to make my own decisions and live with my own consequences.

They've been gone for less than 24 hours and we've been chatting via text the whole time! And talked on the phone already! She's even sent me pix from the road.

I love it, but am honestly not convinced that it is best for everyone concerned....

Back
Top Bottom