They're Hatching! Day 20 for Glenda *PICS ADDED*

Quote:
LOL, I keep saying that myself. Why does everything have to be a trial this year?
barnie.gif
he.gif

Because sometimes you're the windsheild and sometimes your the bug.
You're having a buggy year this year....

One of the babies that hatched in the camp cook pot was fluffed out and fine so we tried to put it back with Glenda. So far, and it's been quite awhile, she is being quite motherly toward it. The last two still haven't pipped and the Orp egg in the cook pot has a slightly larger pip in it. The baby with the innards out (or maybe it's not, maybe it's just alot of yolk) is breathing easy, is fluffed out well and we are waiting for the stuff to dry up so we can tell what it is and if it can go back with its mama soon.

I am so glad Glenda has accepted the chick. I'd like to think that she is not being evil, just inexperienced maybe? Your chickens are so tame and lovely, I bet she didn't mean to do it!
love.gif

This is working out well now, and I am glad you knew just what to do!

C'mon Babies.
fl.gif

Ellie

I think when they hatched with the yolk showing, she did what they would do if an egg broke on the ground in front of them. She started to eat it. She is doing well with the chick, so maybe the others will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom