... THEY'RE HERE!!!! Day 45!!!

Kwyjibo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Bainbridge Island, WA
... after years of planning, I put the plan into action & ordered my chicks. The chicks should be moving swiftly across country as I type & arrive on Bainbridge Island, WA Friday morning. Still have to work out the details w/the postmaster. I have the brooder setup and all necessary preparations have been made. I'm surrounded by stacks of well-read backyard poultry, hobby farms, & mother earth news magazines and piles of coop building materials collected over the past couple years. Now I have to get to work on the coop, hoping my building skills can outpace the growth of the chicks. More to come ... we're just getting started!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Wooohoooo! The chicks arrived. Boy, the post office guys were happy when I picked them up. They were making a racket! 26 total: 8 buckeyes, 7 mottled javas, 5 doms, & 6 gold polish (they threw in an extra). All were alive, alert, & active. All are eating, drinking, & pooping with abandon. Too soon to tell, but all the signs are good. I still have to build that coop. I have a big pile of used materials in the yard. I keep looking at it hoping inspiration will strike. My design philosophy is to let the materials tell me what to build. I think I need 10 posts 'til I can post pics (that's what someone told me).

How exciting! I'll bet those 26 little chicks were making a lot of noise! So happy for you - and I'm looking forward to seeing your coop.

Some chick pics - fresh out of the box. For some reason, the buckeyes are the most photogenic. They always look at the camera. By the way, can you guess which one is the polish?

98373_chicks_-_arrival.jpg

98373_chicks_-_more_in_the_box.jpg

98373_chicks_-_in_the_box.jpg

98373_chicks_-_buckeye_and_dominique.jpg

98373_chicks_-_buckeye.jpg

98373_chicks_-_java.jpg

98373_chicks_-_polish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom