Thief Stealing Chickens. Please Help!

Gotta share this. A few months ago I talked to someone who had lived in an area where they make it hard to defend yourself, so he didn't have a second amendment item. He was bothered by a thief. He hid in the shed, and when the thief broke in, he was ready and chased him all over with a running chainsaw. The thief never returned. Love that story.
I would need to politely ask the intruder to stand by while I started, then warmed up my chainsaw before any chasing could commence. :th

This is a cheap camera I have that works great. Just download an app called Geeni and you are able to view each camera any time. It has a motion detector on it that will alert you. It also has a sound detector . Another great thing is it has IR night vision.
SmartSelect_20210726-230009_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think two of you need to sit in hiding out there with a double barrel on your lap.
Once the thrives arrive, scare the hell out of them with that shotgun racking.
Then call the police and press charges.
Thats ridiculous and cruel!
Zero tolerance for trespassing, cruelty to animals and threatening your homestead. Protect you homestead.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. You have given me plenty of ideas as to what to do. As to your comment on having a dog out: I do have a dog, but I am a little scared to do this because she has killed ducks in the past. I will likely set up cameras and put my dog out at night because of this. Again, thanks for the help.
I wouldn't put my dog out there! They will harm or kill your dog.
If they'd harm and kill your poultry, what stops the sickos from kicking or killing your dog?
Keep your dog inside.

I think two of you need to sit in hiding out there with a double barrel on your lap.
Once the thrives arrive, scare the hell out of them with that shotgun racking.
Then call the police and press charges.
Thats ridiculous and cruel!
Zero tolerance for trespassing, cruelty to animals and threatening your homestead. Protect you homestead.
Double barrel shot guns don't rack. Pump actions do.

Thank you, I plan on doing this. Any suggestions on which company or camera?
I have a Bushnell that does very well. If you get a trail camera, make sure you choose one that the infrared lights can not be seen. Otherwise, the glowing, red lights on the camera at night will give away it's location. I also have WYZE Outdoor cameras. They are wireless, insanely easy to set up and will also alert you on your cell phone that something has triggered them.

Hi There,

First off I should clarify and give a lil’ context. I live in the suburbs with a flock of around 60 (pre thief) ducks and chickens. I don’t think my neighbors like my hobby especially when I used to own guineas. But recently about a week and a half ago we started to notice our a few birds went missing. We scoured our whole yard for feathers, bones, or anything that would give us a clue as to what happened to our birds. A few more nights pass and more birds start to go missing again. No carcasses. Nothing. This is when we start to get suspicious. The thief continued to come and pick and choose which ones to take, likely at night because birds I saw during the day have been stolen. The thief has not stolen a single duck. (probably because they slee on our porch out of site. Which is why I’m certain it is a human, because they would be easier to pick off) I also recently found a dead body of a (Young healthy) serama of mine inside my coop which makes me think they killed it for some reason. I should also mention that at first they have only been stealing my silkies and once all of them had been taken they went on to a few of my seramas.

I know I should obviously do a security camera, but if I do I feel like it’s likely that they’ll just be wearing a hood or something like that and if not I’m not even sure that’ll help. Will the police even care? And the gate closest to my coop is locked I plan on locking the rest of them. But it’s likely they hopped it.

Sorry for the long story, but any help is appreciated.
Barbed wire

Back
Top Bottom