Thief Stealing Chickens. Please Help!

Pics
I don't hear any mention of a pen for your chickens to sleep in. You said the ducks sleep on your porch which leads me to believe that there may not be any pen? IDK but if that is the case it certainly could be raccoons that are arriving for a chicken dinner every night instead of a human.
I asked about the wire on the pens but got no response.

Gotta share this. A few months ago I talked to someone who had lived in an area where they make it hard to defend yourself, so he didn't have a second amendment item. He was bothered by a thief. He hid in the shed, and when the thief broke in, he was ready and chased him all over with a running chainsaw. The thief never returned. Love that story.
My great grandfather owned a liquor store. When he was 82 someone tried to rob him at the register, and he clobbered him with a baseball bat & knocked him out. I wouldn’t have had the guts, but he said he survived a lot worse than that in his home country. ❤️

Sorry to sidetrack your thread. I as well would have a second amendment item and sit out in the dark in waiting.

Hi There,

First off I should clarify and give a lil’ context. I live in the suburbs with a flock of around 60 (pre thief) ducks and chickens. I don’t think my neighbors like my hobby especially when I used to own guineas. But recently about a week and a half ago we started to notice our a few birds went missing. We scoured our whole yard for feathers, bones, or anything that would give us a clue as to what happened to our birds. A few more nights pass and more birds start to go missing again. No carcasses. Nothing. This is when we start to get suspicious. The thief continued to come and pick and choose which ones to take, likely at night because birds I saw during the day have been stolen. The thief has not stolen a single duck. (probably because they slee on our porch out of site. Which is why I’m certain it is a human, because they would be easier to pick off) I also recently found a dead body of a (Young healthy) serama of mine inside my coop which makes me think they killed it for some reason. I should also mention that at first they have only been stealing my silkies and once all of them had been taken they went on to a few of my seramas.

I know I should obviously do a security camera, but if I do I feel like it’s likely that they’ll just be wearing a hood or something like that and if not I’m not even sure that’ll help. Will the police even care? And the gate closest to my coop is locked I plan on locking the rest of them. But it’s likely they hopped it.

Sorry for the long story, but any help is appreciated.
What kind of latches/locks do you have on your chicken coop? Could you get a padlock for the door?

Back
Top Bottom