Things I've duct-taped:

- My buddy (it was his birthday) to a steel pole in the hallway where the fencing tournament was being held, so that the rest of the guys could administer the makeup and shaving cream
- A foil (fencing sword)
- Various bits of fencing gear, particularly my glove when I had to tape two fingers together since one had taken a bad hit and wasn't working right, the finger hurt for about ten years now that I think about it, and if I press on it just right AIEEE!
- A piece of missing toe after an incident involving baseboards and the Canadian/Russian hockey game
- What I usually refer to as 'the twins' (there's no such thing as a strapless, backless bra that fits me, I had to wear some femme-wear that ordinarily requires such a garment or else bra-lessness, and, well, I knew it was going to be COLD in that auditorium)
- Part of a flying robot
- Part of a space vehicle (it's tradition)
- A split skirt that wasn't supposed to be split (last time I wear femme-wear in public)
- A bokken (no, not bokkin' or anything chicken related, it's a katana made out of wood and my sparring partner and I had bashed these ones until splinters were flying everywhere)
- Fireworks (duct tape turns out not to be flammable but you never know until you try, RIGHT?)
- The oven mitt I accidentally set on fire in science class
- An ankle brace
- My pants after a motorcycle incident
- My knee after the same motorcycle incident
- Various bits of that motorcycle
- Most of a Stratocaster knock-off that I call the Amazing Traveling Fake-Strat
- Made a guitar strap out of duct tape when stuck without one in Woodstock, NY (yes, THAT Woodstock) twenty minutes before down-beat
- A guitar gig bag
- A music stand that had to be anchored to the stage (long story)
- The music that had to be anchored to the music stand that was anchored to the stage (yes, the scores were tied, but the basses were NOT loaded)

And once, amazingly:

A FURNACE DUCT, how about that, I actually used it for its intended purpose.

It occurs to me that I lead a fascinating life.

a door
big_smile.png

One of my sons was in a play off football game, and his pants were not ready to give any, (with all the pads and him in them) and split wide open. What was a mother to do, but to grab the duct tape and get him back in the game, the pants were ripped so bad, they couldnt be saved, but we did win the game.

Quote:
Did you wrap it sticky side out????? You want grip, the sticky side needs to be up.
wink.png

Do they make double sided duct tape?

Yep!! I've got two rolls of the double sided duck tape
smile.png

I've used duck tape for many many things..
Most recently for various wounds (over a paper towel or gauze)
And I used the double sided to help a friend put plastic on her trailer windows so she could help keep the warmth inside..

Probably my strangest use of it (one sided duck tape) was making a couple doggie life vests out of closed cell foam sheets cut to shape then wrapped in duct tape..I used flourescent orange to put an X on the back of each one
big_smile.png

I have the original gray plus lime green, dark green, silver, purple, white, black, and brown.
In the past I've had the yellow, flourescent orange and hot pink too..Tho I haven't replaced those rolls yet
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom