Things you never said until you had chickens.......

(my golden comet chick loves to eat hair, dunno why)

"NO! Don't chase the dog, Garnet! Chick, chick... that's it... come back over here.... It's O.K., Finley, you big scaredy-dog,she cant hurt you... she just wants to eat your fur...."

"You can clean up at least three poops with one clean-X, don't waste any more!"

"Why, yes, that is the same exact nail polish on the same exact thumb I was wearing yesterday, and you still can't eat it. How funny."

"What are you peeping so loudly about? You were out of the brooder ten minuets ago! Take a nap, or poop or something!"

(introduction of new nipple waterer)
"Over here, girls... peck at this! Peck at the chicken nipple! Mmm-mmm, water comes out, see? Is it good nipple water?"

Me: "Guess what!"
Teenager: "I know, I know. Chicken butt".

"Ow! That's STILL a mole!"

"Oh yeah, Clara. The way to hide a tasty bug treat from your sisters is DEFINITELY to run around announcing that you have it".

"Oooo sweet! A Spider. Heeeeere chick chick chicks!"

"Hey. Hey! - Can you point your poop cannon away from me please?"

"Son! Where's your airsoft gun?! That mean little stray is in the yard again!"
"Ma! You can't shoot a cat."
"I'm not gonna hit him! Just gonna give him something to warn all his friends about!"

"Did anyone put the chickens to bed?" (aka close up the coop for the night)

(to the neighbor) "If they come over to visit you again just shoosh them out of your garage.....they are pooping machines"

"Quit pooping all over the garage!

(When collecting eggs) - "I give you food, you eat it; you lay eggs, I eat them. That's how it works girls. "

"Did you lay mommy a pretty egg today?"

"Seriously, they aren't in the coop. GIRLS, where are your eggs?"

(My female turkey has decided she hates all dogs, even the one that protects her.) "No, Priscilla!!!! Stop Chasing Porthos. He's your doggy. He protects you. NO!! Stop pecking him. Porthos, quit egging her on. Porthos in the backyard. Priscilla in the pen. You two are on time out."

Every time I go out to feed and I'm counting my girls I say Brielle where are you?¿ Oh there you are. Are ya gonna block the doorway or area ya gonna let me in?¿ I can't fill up your feeder if you're gonna just stand there. Yes I know .... (as she's giving me lip)... I know. I hear ya. I didn't know we were so set on eating before 8a. You're worse than the boys.

Said to me.....

Why are you blow drying your chicken?
lau.gif

You slept in the coop last night?

Bri theres poop on the porch again.
idunno.gif

What ive said....

I love chickens more than cats.

My chickens are my children.

I cant sleepover tonight my hen is having diahrea.

Mom can Lucia sleep in my room tonight. (Lucia is my leghorn hen)
There Fertile!!!
yippiechickie.gif

The rabbits humping the hens again.
bun.gif

"We should let the chickens in, it's cold out."

"Dang, I just sat on an egg."

"I need to lock up the chickens."
"Worried the chickens aren't liking the fireworks."
"I need to give the chickens a bath."
"Where's the feather curler, AKA hair dryer?"

I'll remember more later..... :D

Oh, ones I say to the chickens...

"You girls are very naughty! Stop scratching in the garden!"

"Lullaby, Kiss Goodnight, In the glow of the starlight, close your eyes now, time for sweet dreams, float on clouds and slide down moonbeams. Your gizzards are full, you brushed your beak, now your tucked in your feather sheets, as you dream, one thing is true.... I will always love all you. Good night, girls, and, yes, boys, I love you all. Sweet dreams, don't let the ticks bite!"

( I sing/say that to them every night. My friends think I'm nuts.)
"Who's the hungry chicken?"

"ChicChicChicChickens! Chick girls! Come and get it!"

"Well, doc, it was either me or the chicken." - said to the urgent care doc when I had to go in for x-rays and ended up with a broken elbow because I fell in the yard while carrying one of my girls and rolled to the opposite side so I didn't land on her. lol I did, however, land on the pocket full of eggs I had just collected. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom